Chapter 59: Happy little family

I felt so broken, suddenly it seemed like being here would be a dream. I wanted it all to go back as it was. And now I have to smile and act like I want to be here, just because they decided to be observant.

I imagined the scene in my head of how this could end up. Me sitting in my own world, my parents starting to act really weird and worried. Perfect act - but then again, they like these people. They will do everything to look good in front of them. And then hell will break loose and I will end up leaving with my parents, Sweden is the destination and we are back to being lonely.

So now i have to smile to prevent that theory from becoming a reality. Act like I was listening and try my hardest to seem interested in whatever was said.

Xavier, Damon and my dad got along so well, they discussed business, once in a while the others got in the conversation. While my mom and their mom talked about kids us and shared stories, my mom was screwed, but a nice liar.

Smoothly she made a lie, so she wouldn't seem absent in my childhood. She was jealous of her, I mean all the stories their mom was telling was so personal and it was obvious that unlike my mom, she was there. My mom was not a big part of my childhood, I had nannies to be there instead so she could enjoy the jet set life and have fun.

Do I blame her? no - I don't really care. I don't see her like a mom anyway. I am an orphan, that's exactly what I am. I am an orphan who just happens to be adopted by her biological parents.

After Their moms story about how Tristan and Nathan always was up for trouble, helping each other to get to the highest cabin to get chocolate, my mom started her lie. My mom laughed along with their mom, "Emileya was just like that, she had her fingers in everything, and I swear my husband and I were always so busy watching her".

My mom looked at their mom to make sure she was listening. She is very attention seeking, I know, I have had psychology in school, she is very easy to read. As their mom showed interest for her little story and chimed in with small gasps and laughs as a reaction to what she said, my mom continued my childhood lie as if it was the most exciting thing ever. "We were never able to look away from her for just one second, without her doing something again, she sure was a handful".

Our dads joined in the conversation and they all laughed wholeheartedly thinking back at my childhood-lie as a reality. "I know what you mean" their dad said through laughter and gave his sons a loving but teasing look. That right there is what I wanted. A real family, real feelings, real stories.

I wished the floor would open and swallow me alive. Why just sit there and rub it in my face? I had a very hard childhood... come on? Stop the dr. Phil show, I think that's the name. Whatever. My parents weren't there and now we suddenly have catches up a lot, all those years told in small stories that I do not recognize at all.

"We even hired a nanny, she was so much work" she laughed. Their dad joined into the conversation "our sons grew up without a nanny, my wife refused having another woman take care of her children, stubborn woman" he kissed her on the cheek as a small romantic gesture. To them it seemed to normal, my parents didn't love each other, I never doubted that.

"But she did a good job" he added and looked into her eyes, it was as if it was only the two of them who existed at that moment. The love between them made an awkward atmosphere in the entire room.

And I felt bad for my mom. She must feel like someone slapped her in the face now. To bad mom. My mom was embarrassed.

And then I ended here with the happy little family - pack - whatever! The little dog farm all together. All the love, the memories... Just stop it! I get it. You were happy, then now just let it go and move on!

I completely zoned out of their conversation as I felt the hatred build up in me. Stupid happy family. Stupid parents, stupid wolf, stupid octo-something, stupid necklace, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid!

"Miley stop" Justin whispered in my ear. I ignored him, I don't even bother listening. "Miley?" Zeth begged from the other side in a whisper. Just then a loud shattering noise came from in front of me. I looked up at the table to see the glass that before was in front of me, now broken. "Emileya" my mother said sternly in a warning tone, I stared at the glass in horror, I just did that?

"That's it, leave the table now" my dad demanded in a harsh voice. I didn't have to be told that twice, I stood up and marched out of the dining room without looking back. I felt all eyes on me but I didn't care.

"I'm sorry about that, she is just upset about us moving" my mom apologized behind my back. I took a turn on my heel "MOVING?! We're moving?" I shouted back at them frustrated. Everyone turned to look at me, my mates looked at me confused as my parents looked at each other.

"I told you to tell her" my mom whisper-yelled at my dad as she put an arguing finger in the air to state how mad she was. "You said you would tell her" my dad hissed back. My mom let out a frustrated sigh.

I shook my head furiously, I just couldn't do this anymore. "Just... let me be" I said frustrated and turned around and almost ran out the house, I ran and ran through the forest. All the pack members stared at me but I didn't care, I wanted to get out of there now.

I saw the gate ahead of us and ran for it, it didn't open and I felt a mate of mine catching up on me, it was just a feeling in my stomach, but I knew it was true when I heard the sound of running feet behind me.

I lost balance and stumbled as I felt my eyes start to water and blurry my vision. I took my hands up to my face in reflex, but the pain never came. Instead I fell into a warm embrace, I felt so safe and loved there, I never wanted to let go.

I just cried.

"Shh baby it's okay I got you" Zak kissed the top of my hair and let his hand run down in a loving and reassuring gesture. I relaxed in his arms and forgot everything he and my mates have ever done to me. They made me feel complete, I needed them, I need them more than anything.

***

A/N awww that is so sad... thank you for hanging on! thanks for reading, voting and commenting, you guys are the best!