Chapter 52: Final goodbye

As they kept showering me with hugs and kisses they must have realized something was off. One by one they kept asking for an answer, and me being me, were unable to give them one. "Is it about Maxi?" Zak asked trying to stay calm, but he was angry, he was angry at his brother and I can't blame him, I am mad at him too.

As the name rolled off his tongue, all the memories flashed in my mind. Tears fell down like raindrops in a rainstorm. I couldn't calm down, my body simply denied to give me peace. Even though my mates were holding me and tried their best to comfort me, it just wasn't enough.

Life is unfair, I wish there was a but... but I just can't find it. I made my decision, it wasn't hard to make, I knew it, I guess I knew all along.

I looked at the piece of jewelry around my wrist. How can such a small beauty, cause such big trouble? In anger I grabbed it and ripped in it. But it wouldn't bulge, it was stuck. I grabbed it harder and tried desperately to rip it off as the tears streamed down my already puffy and sore cheeks.

"Shh" Justin calmed me and grabbed my wrist and took the bracelet off my wrist. I crawled onto his lap and held onto him so tight that I should worry about his wellbeing. But I needed him this close at the moment.

Maxi isn't meant to be here. He is dead. He is gone. He tricked me. He used me. He is the fault for everything.

Tears fell down my cheek as these thoughts burned inside my mind with pure rage. How can a man be that heartless and abuse me like this? How could he use me as a puppet in this sick 'game'? I trusted him, I really did. I ended up having feelings for this... ghost. That's exactly what he is. A ghost! He is dead and he was supposed to stay dead!

The triplets each placed a hand on my back and as if a magic moment happened I felt a huge relief. I could breathe somehow normal again.

"Please tell us what made you so upset" Ryan pleaded as he scooted closer to me and played with a piece of my hair. Without answering I leaned over and engulfed him in a hug. I needed him, my Ryan, My calm mate. I needed his touch to calm me down.

It helped it was just what I needed. I needed all of them, even... No, I will not think of him like that right now.

I composed myself so I was sitting on both Ryan and Tristan and then I told them everything, all my thoughts, all my doubts, my conversation with Wolf and what I planned to do.

*

"Are you sure about this?" Ryan asked me taking my hand in his. I didn't answer, I honestly didn't know what to answer, that I wasn't sure? That I had my doubts? That I didn't feel good about choosing one mate over another even though one of them were already dead?

But I knew it was the right thing to do, I knew deep inside, but my heart said no... I shouldn't let go, I should fight. But is it worth it if the battle is already lost?

I let go of his hand and took a step forward on my own. The ten of them behind me making a protective wall. I put the bracelet on a piece of wood stepped back to be hugged by Zak, he held me tightly against him. We were all scared, none of us knew the outcome from this, but I knew deep, deep down it was right, but again my heart and mind doesn't agree on that.

Xavier stepped forward and turned it on fire. A red dusty smoke appeared and made a tornado up in the sky, it became really windy but soon after the storm died down and left a few dust particles floating in the air.

Maxi and Rochelle appeared in front of me, "I am proud of you" Maxi said stepping forward so we were face to face, I let go of Zak and grabbed out to reach Maxi, this time I touched him, I felt his skin, the heat from his body and the fabric of his clothing.

He hugged me tight and left kisses all over my hair "please forgive me" he begged, "I forgive you" I said with the voice I had left, as I felt more tears roll down my cheek.

He pulled back and looked me in the eyes "don't cry, we will meet again, but not yet, now my brothers will take care of you, but when the time comes, I will have you in my arms again" he looked up at his brothers. I looked around, they all saw him, they obviously didn't expect this, they were shocked.

"Please forgive me my brothers, forgive my selfishness and take care of her" he stated and finally his gaze fell on me again "I hope we will not meet anytime soon" he stroked my cheek with his thumb and took a step back letting go of me.

Justin stepped forward and placed his hands on my shoulder, "we will take care of her" he said, his voice filled with so much love.

My eyes fell on Rochelle, "You can't leave me too!" I looked at her accusingly "I will not lose both of you now" I started to fight Justin but he held me back firmly and hugged me tight. "No!" I tried to get free "she is my only friend here, I need her" I protested.

Her eyes was filled with sadness "when Maxi died a piece of you left, when he reappeared I showed too" she told me as if that made sense "I am the piece of you Maxi took with him, and a piece you learned to live without, I am sorry Miley, but you need to let go".

"No!" I shouted. But before any more words were exchanged they disappeared and the air became blue again, the fire died out and the only proof this really happened was the bracelet laying on the floor, all the wolves now had cold deadly eyes.

I didn't even dare to take it. I let myself fall. I fell into the arms of Justin and let myself be carried home in complete exhaustion.

***

A/N I am so sorry for updating so little, but i am really trying. Thank you for still hanging on!