Chapter 36: family fight

"Give me one reason why I shouldn't snap your neck right this instant" he hissed at me and approached me with dangerous slow steps.

I held my breath as I watched the predator, I just waited for him to attack, if I told the truth he wouldn't believe me. This is the end.

With that in mind I closed my eyes afraid to look my killer in the eyes. "I expected him to me harsh and mean and beat me or just kill me with a single snap, maybe torturing me for hours – but nothing came.

I opened my eyes ever so slowly and was surprised to see their dad looking at a picture of a rising sun in the forest.

He looked at it for some seconds before speaking up again. "What are you and what did you do to my sons?" his voice broke and that's when I realized that he was crying.

My feet lead me to stand a few steps behind him, I wanted to say so many things but I didn't dare to open my mouth, knowing that I – being me would say something I will regret badly.

Maxi stood beside the old man in a flash, "he is sad" he stated like it wasn't obvious enough with his sobs.

He did not say it to me. It was more of a statement directed to himself. "I knew you cared" Maxi smiled at the old man and held out his hand to stroke his arm, but just before he made contact he let his hand fall to his side.

Their dad turned and was fumbling his one hand over a bracelet on the other. "I gave him that" Maxi said proud smiling at me, "tell him that he is forgiven".

I looked at him confused, I can't just say something like that, it will be weird. He seemed to forget about it and instead Maxi turned to the picture with the rising sun in the forest.

"The morning sun rises and a new chapter begins, it will never be the same but I still let it in" Maxi said looking at the picture. "You'll be in my heart, you'll be in my soul, I should let you go but I don't want to" he continued.

"Something is changed, nothing is the same, never will I forget you even when it stops to rain" Maxi said the last things with teary voice. "That's beautiful" I said, I did not mean to say it out loud but I realized my mistake as their dad looked at me annoyed.

"You stay away from my sons" he pointed a finger at me and gave me a hard look. "Say it" Maxi ordered "The morning sun rises...." I repeated his words "The morning sun rises" I stopped unsure and looked up to see their dad shoot killing glares my way "and a new chapter begins, it will never be the same but I still let it in".

Their dad hissed with anger "you witch!" he accused as he swung his hand to slap me. His hand stopped midair as Maxi caught it.

Their dad looked at his hand in a mixture of fear and anger and tried hard to get it free, but to no use.

"Let me go you witch" their dad roared at me getting near the point where I was sure steam would come out of his ears.

Maxi looked at me with pleading eyes. He wanted me to do something, but what I couldn't really figure out. "It isn't me doing it" I looked down to see my hands shaking with fear "it-it is a ghost" I told him with shaky voice.

That sentence would for sure get me killed. He would believe that I am nuts. Maxi looked at me with confusion. It was obviously not what he wanted me to do.

Their dad let out a booming laughter, his hand was still held by Maxi. "A ghost? Really that's the best you can come up with" he laughed and fought to get his hand free.

"I don't know who you work for but you'll never ever take my boy afraid of me you murder" he roared and somehow I knew that it wasn't my mates he was talking about but another man I have met.

Like a puzzle fixing I saw how everything fell into place, the book, my mates reaction to the name, why I could see him... he is my mate.... Realization hit me, Maxi was - is my mate! "Maxi is your son?" I asked confused.

Maxi looked at me with pleading eyes "how did you...?" before he could answer the door burst open revealing my mates, or 10 of them, this is confusing.

They stormed in and circled their dad, Maxi disappeared leaving me alone in the middle of a battle field. Ryan grabbed me and lifted me up in his arms holding me close to his body.

"Hitting a Luna, wrong move" Zak hissed and attacked his father so that he fell backwards. "No let him be!" I yelled surprising everybody including myself, everybody stopped, Zak did too when he had his father in such a hard grip that he couldn't do anything.

Zak looked down at his father and he started to shake furiously "get her out of here".

Tristan went to stand by me and took me out of Ryan's hands and carried me towards the door. "No, don't" I begged and fought to get out of his grip. He let go of me and I went to stand by Zak "Please let him be, he caught me snooping around, you can't blame him for being mad at me" I couldn't believe myself, here I was defending the man that did everything to make my life hell.

Zak grabbed his father's head and smashed it hard in the floor making him yelp in pain. "Are you completely out your mind!" I yelled at my oldest mate and tried to get him off of him. But Zak did not move at all, he pushed me back with force "get her out now" he roared looking directly at Tristan.

Tristan grabbed me around the waist and lifted me out "no let him be, I beg you" I yelled at them all. I grabbed the first thing I could get my hands of which happened to be Zak's shirt.

"She is nothing but a witch, she is going to be the death of you" their dad hissed looking at Zak with an angry face. Zak shook with anger while all of his brothers just stood and watched with hard glares directed to their dad.

Tristan pulled me towards him to make me come with him, but I only tightened my hold on Zak's shirt as I tried to pull him with us so that their father could get away.

Zak growled and as he turned he pushed me away forcefully making me flew into Tristan's arms. "GET HER OUT NOW!" he yelled this time more angry than I have ever heard.

Tristan was holding me tighter this time, not letting me let go again as he held me in a firm grip this time.

Like a baby in his arms. In werewolf speed I found myself in their bedroom on the bed with Tristan sitting on his knees in front of me "did he hurt you" he asked trying to breath normally.

His eyes were completely black and he started to shake a bit, but he obviously tried not to. "No" I rushed out, he didn't, Maxi made sure of that. "I need to know the truth, did he do anything to you?" he asked again this time avoiding my eyes.

"No!" I repeated, this time louder. He looked up and let out a relieved breath. A loud growl erupted from downstairs and I grabbed Tristan for comfort "shhh, everything is going to be okay" he shushed me and held me close to his body.

Screams and sounds from things being thrown around downstairs. More people was there and it was not just them watching Zak and their dad anymore, according to the noise they made you should think a war had started.

Tristan laid me on the bed and in a second he stood thee with a glass in hand "Please drink this" he begged. I took the glass and took a small sip from it, "drink it all" he said.

I did and let the apple juice run down my throat. I felt my body relax and laid down on the bed and fought to keep my eyes close.

"What is that?" I asked knowing that it wasn't just juice. He looked guilty at me "I'm sorry princess, but I need you to sleep now" he told me and kissed me on the forehead.

"How could you!" I roared at him tired as I felt the now weird tasting liquid run down my throat. "Please understand" he begged and as my eyes closed I heard the door open and close indicating that he left.

***

wrote this on my phone.. first and last time doing that! its hard and made me want to scream a couple of times. but here it is. sorry for the wait. just came home from bulgaria last night and is now packing to go on vacation with my family to our vacation house. when i get home i am going to new york and in a month and a half i am moving to florida.. i am a busy girl! sorry for the wait!! but as you might have figured i have a lot of things going on. i am currently saying goodbye to everything and everyone in denmark. its only me. leaving boyfriend and family here.. i am so scared but excited too. :) all alone on the other side of the world. yup thats me!