Chapter 65: The end

Chapter 65: The end

Cakes were served by some nice elder ladies that had made these wonderful cupcakes. Cupcakes is like a little piece of heaven, you can eat so many and not feel bad about it, at least I don't. Awkward silence was between the found of sipping on the tea and eating cake.

Somehow their mom had an elegant way of doing such ordinary things that I, the simple human just couldn't do. But it is cake, you enjoy it while it lasts – with everything it involves!

Minute after minute in silence, it might just have been seconds, but it felt like eternities. "I can understand on my sons that it is your wish not to take over the pack immediately" way to start mrs. Black. 1-0 for you... let's just bring the fire to begin with and hope my mates shows in firemen uniforms and work their magic.

"Is that correct?" she pulled me out of my daydream, "yes, no, I mean what was the question again?" wow, could this be going worse than this. "I asked if it is correct what my sons are telling me, that you do not wish to take the luna position yet?" oh yea. "Yes" I simply answer unsure what other words would be wise to use in this situation.

At one hand she must be happy to keep her position in the pack, but on the other hand she must think I am weak for not taking the spot, I can't win here. "And why is that?" she asked. "Because I am not ready yet" that is now officially the best response I have for that question.

"I was nervous when I took over as well", wait what? The idea of her being in my shoes never really occurred to me. "I was 16 when I met my mate, on the first night I became pregnant", yay me, I get to hear my mother-in-matings sexual history. Shoot.

"I was mated and marked and pregnant with the next alpha, I had to take over the pack immediately. It wasn't so easy, without my husband by my side I don't know how I would have made it, but I did somehow. And then the boys came one by one". I closed my eyes trying my hardest not to visualize their sexual life nor the birth of my mates, but it was impossible. Someone wash my eyes!

"You were born to be a Luna, even though you might be human, the moongoddess never makes mistakes. She wouldn't put you in that position if she didn't think you were worthy of it.

Even after everything you pulled this pack through I do believe that it all happened for a reason, maybe to let you see that you are not just a weak human, you are strong and smart and you do have powers that none of us have, literally.

You were chosen for this, this is your destiny, if you let your mates help you, you will see that it is in your blood to be a Luna" her speech almost made me believe in her. But maybe she was right about something, I do need my mates help!

"I know you will be a good Luna, I might not always have been fond of you, but I do know how happy you make my sons" she smiled at me "and for that I am very thankful, and so is the pack. The lunas' most important job is to be by the alphas side, when she is the alpha is happy and when the alpha is happy so is the pack".

I did expect her to say many things to me, but never those words, they sounded almost kind.

It was actually nice spending the afternoon with her, just talking, or actually just listening, for once I was totally satisfied just by listening, I didn't feel the need to say anything. I enjoyed her telling me stories of my mates, her being a Luna, Mr. Black as a young alpha and the packs way from being just two lone wolves, to being one of the biggest. I was actually a little sad when we had to call it a night and go separate ways.

*

I did sleep with them, in the same bed I mean. But I didn't know if I was ready yet. I want them, in that way! But with it follows instant Luna-position that I might not be ready for. Or at least yesterday I would say I wasn't ready, but their mom might have changed my mind – I said might!

I couldn't sleep for a very long time. I just stayed awake between my mates thinking this through, I already knew the answer.

I got up in the morning and took a shower, I woke up alone in bed to my surprise and disappointment. I made my way to the kitchen watching my mates all sitting around the breakfast table, just them no one else.

"Good morning princess" Damon said in a sing a song voice.

"Mate me" I blurted out. They all were so shocked that they almost choked on what they were eating. "What?" Damon asked confused, "I want to be yours, mate me" I repeated "that is if you want me".

In a blink of an eye we were all on the bed and let's just say we got along very very well.

And that is how I became the Luna. What happens now and what will happen with my powers I don't know, but I know that together we can handle anything.

*

Zak, Damon, Xavier, Tristan, Nathan, Justin, Ryan, Mike, Zeth, Jake (the 10 musketeers) words for their mate:

"You were nothing like we imagined you to be. One mate for each, or at least one for each litter. That mate would be an obedient girl, letting us be in charge. But instead we stumble on this wild spirit-hearted girl. She was absolutely beautiful, nothing could compare to her beauty and we figured pretty fast that she was not just any girl, she was our mate.

We had to share this girl, and in the beginning we did not like it at all, but watching you sit there drawing in your sketchbook made us stop for a second and we realized that it really didn't matter as long as you were happy.

Females in the mating obey their mate without questions asked, that is how it works. The hierarchy   passed from the ancestors had never been questioned before. But our stubborn human mate decides to break all logic to that and decides to make it her duty to be a pain in the ass.

We did not like it... she would run away, use foul language and just try her best to piss us off – and she succeeded multiple times.

If you asked me what my mate would be like before I met her, I would describe a person opposite her. But this girl.. she changed us. I wouldn't change anything about her. She is perfect just the way she is.

We thought we were the center of the world, the whole pack would follow us everywhere we went. But one thing we didn't know about was respect.

See a person, really look them in the eye and look closely. We were all so busy looking at ourselves that we did not look out, and then our mate, our shared mate, doesn't see herself at all. We did everything to make you obey us, but neither worked, you are untamable my dear, you walk your own way. Because of you we got to see our brother again, we made peace, we got peace".

***

A/N The end! Thank you for reading my story! and being so supportive. sending lots of love your way!