Chapter 37: Octavius

Maxi's P.O.V

I knew that one day she would find out, but not yet and not like this. I wanted to make contact with her before revealing my true identity for her. I wanted to touch her, feel her raising heart with my hands and let the back of my hand run down her blushed cheek.

I wanted it all, but got nothing of it.

Instead she fears me. I am nothing but a mere ghost for her, but that should mean something, no ghost has gotten permission to be seen by the living for this long.

As I watched her realize the truth I felt the power of Octavius lead me back to his hiding spot. He was sitting on his throne studying the ring on his middle finger with his other hand. He lifted his head and for a second our gazes met "I gave you 3 days to get it here or else the deal was off and your soul is mine - again" he stated coldly "and what do you have for me?".

He corrected himself on his throne and sat up straight holding tight to the arms of the chair, he gave me the look of disapproval, "You are either the bravest or the stupidest" he said mostly to himself, but I already knew the answer according to him, it was easy to figure by his hard tone.

"It's safe" I told him with a smirk, he returned my smirk. In a fast move he pushed himself up from his throne and grabbed one of his guards around him and threw him across the room. He walked towards me like a predator and glared at me with clear hatred "then where is it?" he roared at me.

He stopped in front of me and looked at my face. If it wasn't for the fact that he was blind I would have believed our eyes met in that second. "Be smart or you'll get the girl closer than you desire to" he said coldly and turned.

How did he know about Miley – I did not mention her at all, then how? He must have sensed my confusion because he turned around and looked at me "she is your mate isn't she?" he asked knowingly "a cute little not so innocent girl, that naughty little girl" he made pouty face like it all was a joke to him, "She would miss her mommy and daddy so badly" he made pouty lips and spoke like he was talking to a baby.

"Don't talk about her" I hissed at him through gritted teeth. He grinned "hit a nerve?" he asked already knowing the answer. He clapped his hands together and broke into a loud laughter "you should have seen your face, you were all like 'don't hurt her'" he grinned and kept laughing like it was the most hilarious thing he had ever experienced.

He stopped himself "relax I was just joking, it is a joke, a teenage girl is the mate of the notorious Black brothers, that's quite a sight" he gave me a 'don't be so serious'-look. I grabbed him by the throat and held him up in the air, his guards pointed their swords at me and stood ready to attack. But to everyone's surprise Octavius started laughing again. He used his powers on me, making me crouch forward and let go of him.

He kicked his knee up in my stomach and I bend over in pain, "never ever test me Maximillian, that cute girl of yours could end up being my next trophy" he grabbed my face and forced me to look at his trophies of dead wolves hanging on the wall with blank eyes that stared directly back at me.

Some of them were even from what could have been my pack. They were reminding me of my stupidity and of why it was best I just stayed away. I knew the best thing would be if I just stayed away and let my brothers protect her, but to have the love of your life and just hand her over to someone else is hard.

"Sal, Gather your men" Octavius ordered one of the guards beside him. Those words send bad vibes throughout my body, "No!" I yelled panicking and looked at Octavius with begging eyes, "please just give me an hour, I will get it, I swear" my voice started to tear at the thought of Octavius merciless hands punishing my mate for my mistakes.

Octavius leaned his head to the side as if thinking about something "where was that eagerness when I needed it?" he turned his head to the guard "find the rubin and kill anyone that's in the way, but if it is a certain girl bring her here" he turned his head and looked at me pleasant "I want to see her mate's reaction to the biggest mistake of his life" he smiled at me and looked up at the guard again "go".

The men gathered together, 10 to 15 men stood in line and followed the front figure, Sal, the devils son, nothing but cruelty hides under the dead skin of a pale beauty.

The devil is nothing but beautiful, he is pure perfection on the outside, that's what makes him so dangerous. He is tempting and innocent looking but under the beauty is the soul of a killer hidden, a true monster of the night.

***

A/N Hope you like it, now you know some more about Maxi. Let me know what you think, please leave a comment and please do vote if you like it :)