Chapter 45: The note

Miley's P.O.V.

I followed Maxi as he led the way through the hallways, "Where is she?" a booming voice rang through the hallway, Maxi looked for the danger as I tried to lean on the wall as much as possible to disappear. We could see a shadow walking past this hallway, Maxi stiffened and stood in front of me protectively.

"Come" he said in a whisper and walked into a room I did not know and then we were at the stairs, I didn't recognize this view even though I had been there before. He turned his head as if he sensed my confusion, "just hurry up" he said almost annoyed and walked faster.

Finally we stood in the dungeon, right in front of their father, he was still in there. Maxi disappeared for a second leaving me with the man who hates me all by myself.

"You little witch!" he growled giving me a hateful glare. I jumped back in shock and tried with everything I had not to break down in front of this man. I stood my ground – as best as I could and looked down in the floor "I need you, we are under attack and we are the only ones not taken" I begged him, he just laughed an evil laugh and from one second till the other stopped and glared at me hatefully "why would I help you?" he sneered at me.

As he glared at me Max reappeared next to me, "turn around" he said in my ear, I felt his breath on me, but he wasn't here, not really here. I did as he asked and turned around, he took his hand down to my hands level and showed a key in his hand, and a little piece of paper. "Take it, he will understand" he told me with a tear in his eye.

With shaky hands I took it and looked up to meet Maxi's eyes, those eyes, I turned around.

"Are you even listening?" their dad growled at me, I didn't, I really didn't, I never do, but now I will.

I opened the cell with the key Maxi gave me and stepped inside, I opened the letter trying not to shake too much. It said... nothing... the paper was empty. I turned the paper in hand to find something, but nothing.

"I don't understand..." I said lowly and turned around to ask Maxi but he was gone. "You can't leave me here" I said out in the air hoping Maxi would show again "I don't know what to do". "Who are you talking to?" their dad growled at me.

I looked down at the paper, an empty sheet, think Miley, think. An empty sheet, he want me to tell him what is on here, but there is nothing. Maybe he gave me the wrong paper... no Miley, think, think.

A white paper, what does a paper do, fly, it flies. A paper flies, when you throw it. Come on Miley think. I walked back and forth frustrated letting out a frustrated sigh here and there. A white paper is unused it is clean and nothing has happened to it, but with a single touch you can break the paper, no that's not it.

Think Miley.... Come on!

Maybe it is ripped out of a book. No wait, a paper, a paper is where you write, but the paper is unused, meaning it is waiting for something to be written on it. 'Do you want me to write something on it?' I asked myself thinking of Maxi as if he magically would show in my mind and answer me.

No answer – not that it surprised me.

'Maxi, I need you' – I stepped in front of their dad and closed my eyes, "your sons are my mates, I love them so much, I know you don't trust me, but please help me, help me save them, I need them, I just want them safe" I opened my eyes awaiting for his rage, but it never came, he looked at me as if I had just grown two heads.

"You really mean it, don't you?" he asked, I nodded "yes, I didn't mean any of this to happen, I am so confused, I just want everything to be as before" my voice hitched and I started crying.

I barely ever cry, I am a strong girl, but now, this, I can't control it, my head is exploding.

"Unlock me" he ordered, he sounded almost sympathetic. As if in trance I unlocked him and then something unexpected happened, something that changed everything. He hugged me. He hugged me close to his body and rubbed his hand on my back letting me cry out on his chest.

After a few seconds he pulled away and removed some of my tears, "I need to know everything" he told me simply. Everything "all your sons are my mates, Maxi told me to get the necklace and Rochelle helped me do it, they took it..." I rushed out.

He stopped me by holding his hand up in front of me "wow, there, what did you say?" he asked confused.

I looked at him begging him to understand "all of your sons are my mates, all 11, Maxi made a deal with the devil but now he is disappearing, he made me take the necklace from your office but now it is gone, along with my mates and we are under attack" I said this time calmer.

He looked at me shocked "Maxi?" he asked, I nodded "Maximillian, he is your son" I told him "he is... dead" I gulped as I said the last thing. His expression turned to anger "Don't talk about my son!" he hissed at me.

"Didn't you hear anything of what I just said?" I whisper shouted at him "Maxi is my mate, he is dead, I know, but he made a deal with the devil because he wanted to have me too", "it is funny how it is always about you" he interrupted me in a fake happy voice, clearly not believing a word I just said.

"He is being controlled by the devil and your other sons, your 10 sons who are alive are kept hostage by someone who attacked us!" I raised my voice at him.

***

A/N try to see it from all of their P.O.V then you understand better i think. she wants to say so much but have a hard time doing it because it is far from her world. their dad is protective of his sons, and to him she is acting suspecious, she went to his office and found the necklace remember, and maxi, yea... you can guess.

ï am going nuts with the uploads i know, but i just can't stop it, don' expect this to happen often, but this is getting to a breaking point so i just have to :) enjoy and please do comment!