Chapter 49: He is dead

"WHO IS HE?!" Zak hissed through gritted teeth. I stared up at him shyly "your brother" I answered and let my gaze fell to the floor. Now it is said, now they can laugh at me, be mad at me, yell at me, they can do whatever they want. But I still told them the truth. And the minute I said those words a huge weigh was lifted from my heart and I could finally breath again.

Silence, no one moved or made the slightest noise. Until I felt Justin lift my chin up so our eyes met "how do you know about him?" Justin asked looking really confused. He looked like he was debating sympathy for me or if he should break the big news that he is dead and I am insane – but if I were in his shoes I would probably take this worse than him.

"I met him to the meeting thing you guys held, she took me to him and he told me you all were in danger..." I started looking down again as soon as he let go of my chin. Justin sighed "Miley, he is..", "I know, dead, just let me finish please" I begged.

I took a deep breath... "turns out he made a deal with the devil, he had promised him the necklace and used me to get it" I looked up at them expecting their anger "I'm sorry! I really thought I was helping you guys" I took a deep breath again... "he warned me that something had gotten wrong and took me away from the fight to fix it" I told them.

"When I just took the necklace I was told to hide it and I did, I hid it in here but then when I wanted to fix it, it was gone" I told them sobbing. I am a horrible person, they will never believe me.

"Where did you hide it?" Zak asked rather angry with me, "in the bathroom, you were there" I told him finally daring to look up at these intimidating men that made me feel like the biggest mistake god ever made.

All five of them looked shocked, they did not say anything but their eyes were wide open and their jaws hanging as well. But they looked a bit too shocked to not believe me. "Please tell me this isn't true" Ryan begged.  

I shrugged on my shoulders "it is" was all I could say, "what does it look like?" Zeth asked still in shock. "Old chain with red stone hanging on it" I told them. Zak ran a hand through his black hair and down his face "we know where the necklace is" he said.

Now it was my turn to be shocked, my face lit up "you do?" my happiness was clear, I still had a chance to fix all of this. "We uhm... we... we broke it..." he held a break "and you are wearing it now" Zeth told me.

I looked at my neck in surprise but found nothing, Zeth took my hand and held it up. My gaze fell on the red eyes of the wolves and then realization hit me. "No, please no" I begged studying the eyes more carefully.

"We have to find dad, he might know how to fix this" Zeth said looking at his brothers "he knows more about this necklace, bracelet, than we do"

"Yea about that..." I rocked back and forth awkwardly avoiding eye contact with them, they looked at me waiting to hear me out. How to put this – "He doesn't really, like me that much" I told them. They just gave me an 'really?'-super-ironic look.

Zak grabbed my upper arm and started dragging me out of the room, I tried to fight him but had to admit eventually that there was no use fighting it, I started it, I had to take the consequences.

Nathan and Justin walked upstairs while I stayed awkwardly between Ryan, Nathan and Zak who still held onto me. I had to say something, but what... sorry... "Sorry" I blurted, why did I say that out loud, now we have to talk about it, and they will blame me and I will say I know, and then I don't know what will happen but that's the scary part, the part of not knowing.