Chapter 51: Letting go

The door swung open and I heard footsteps approach me. I cried harder as I hid my face in my hands. I body slid down beside me and pulled me close, it was Zak. I did not have to look up to know it was him, power radiated from him making him easy to identify.

He whispered sweet nothings in my ear as he lifted me up to sit on him and held me close. "shh" he shushed into my hair rocking me sideways on his lap. I was straddling him and hiding my face in his shirt.

"Everything will be okay" he whispered reassuring into my hair, that only made me cry harder, lies... Nothing will be okay, they understand nothing. I tried to push away from him but he held me tighter making it impossible for me to move away from him.

Zak let me cry on his shoulder, that was all I did – cry. It hurt so much, my heart twitched and my eyes were sore from crying my body sore from fighting and my face soaked with tears.

Why? Why is this happening to me? I cried harder and let out a loud cry as I hulked into his shirt, he kept holding me in his arms leaving kisses on my hair and let his hand wander my back in soothing motions while he had a hand in my hair keeping my face locked to his chest.

Maxi is dead, I said all these awful things to him and... I sobbed loudly... I don't want him to disappear, I need him. I held even tighter to Zak if that is even possible, I felt as if I was choking him.

"Miley, please tell me what made you upset" Zak begged pleadingly. I just cried, I did not bother to answer, everything is a mess anyway. He can't help me.

Eventually he just gave up and hugged me as if he knew I wouldn't tell. What was there to tell, everything is so messed up... I don't know anything anymore.

The door opened revealing a panting Jar, he gasped for breath "he is back" he rushed out trying to gain his breath. Even though he didn't say more I knew exactly who he meant, Octapus – or whatever his name is, he is back and he will stop for nothing to get my bracelet. The only way to stop him is destroy him and loose Maxi.

How is it that everything bad can be led back to me, I am a trouble-magnet and I am surprised they still bother having me here, all I do is causing trouble.

Zak stood up and leaned down to kiss me on the hair one more time "stay here" he ordered and disappeared with Jar. A young man, very big built showed up in the door, his face was clouded through my teary eyes. I dried my eyes with my arm and looked closer to this guy that was closing the door and setting a fence in front of the window.

He was maybe 20, but acted way older or wiser is probably the best word to describe him. He had long hair that was thrown backwards ending at his neck. He was taller than me, he was more muscular than most guys, even some of my mates. But what stunned me the most was the scar on his cheek that had been sewed together.

I wiped my face and stood up following him with my eyes as he wandered the room touching a lot of things and moving things around. "What are you doing?" I asked curious. He didn't even spare me a look, he acted like he did not hear me, he went to the nightstand and broke its legs off.

"What are you doing?" I asked shocked looking at this insane man that was terrorizing my room, or one of theirs - just a room okay! He placed himself in front of the window and rolled the curtain down, he placed a finger in between and took a sneak peek out.

"Saving you" he said as if it was the most obvious thing. He still did not look at me, instead he just grabbed the other nightstand and sat on it like it was a chair, and on top of that he plopped his dirty shoes on my bed, did he grow up in a jungle? "I don't think breaking the chair is saving me", he just ignored my comment and grabbed a knife and started to cut in the leg of the broken nightstand.

I rolled my eyes at that "you have a knife AND you are probably a dog, I doubt you will need a wooden sword if anything happens". He did not respond, just continued making it sharper. I sat down in the middle of the bed and let myself fall down in a laying position as I rolled my eyes at this Tarzan man.

One little elephant, two little elephants, three little elephants - the time was killing me. It had probably only been a minute or two but he acted like I wasn't here and I did not feel like doing anything while HE was in here, it became awkward.

I didn't bother talking to him, it's not like he answers anyway.

The ceiling was the most interesting thing, sadly. It didn't seem completely dangerous out there. Then I would have felt it, wouldn't I? "Wolf", it came out of nowhere, I looked to my right to see Tarzan man still busy letting his knife break the nightstand.

'you are probably a dog' I thought back to a few minutes earlier, "sorry, WOLF" I said putting much more pressure on the word than necessary. He laughed a bit for himself, It was mainly just a smile, but it is the most emotional I have seen him.

"My name is Miles Wolverine, wolf for short" he deepened. Wolverine? No way! "wolverine?!" I asked giving him my full attention. He lost his smile and became the silent Tarzan again. "Ironic name for a wolf, don't you think".

He looked up at me for the first time and gave me a hard look "says Hannah Montana" he did not laugh, he was dead serious as he said that. Haha very funny buster... "first off my real name is Emileya , second off then I was given the nickname before the tv-show" I gave him a threatening look and sat up putting my legs off the bed "don't play with me wolf, two can play this game" I told him spitting the word 'wolf' out with a glare.

I gave up and laid back down in the same position as before, he was not to talk with.

Silence, nothing, you would think something was going on since we were stuck in here, but honestly I doubt anything was happening, something dangerous that is.

"A confused superstar and a wolf-man superhero caught in a room, that would be an awesome story" he said. That many words? I looked at him completely stunned. His eyes met mine and he smiled a bit, he really smiled. He somehow just teared up from one second to the other.

He looked down as if he thought of something and licked his lips. Finally he looked up giving me a serious look. "I know about everything, I..." he stopped and took a deep breath "I know that you see him, and I understand you are confused, but he needs peace" I did not like where this was going.

My breathing quickened and I started to shake my head, already knowing where this was going. I hoped he would not finish his sentence, I hoped he would never say those words, I knew it already but I just can't.

"You have to let him go" he said and gave me a worried look "he is dead, and he has been for a really long time, he doesn't belong here" he stopped his speech and put the leg of the table down on the floor, he swung his legs down from the bed and leaned closed placing his elbows in his knees.

"You can't keep him here forever, you know it, and the longer you hold on to him the harder it will be to say goodbye" he said. Anger boiled in me, it wasn't just anger, but other feelings as well. I wanted to cry and to throw things around, I wanted to grab Wolf and yell at him and tell him how wrong he is. But I knew he was right.

Wolf gave me a pleading look "he wants you to say goodbye" he said.

My gaze fell on the bracelet, I was still wearing it and I felt like I didn't want it off at any moment. But this piece of jewelry was not just an ordinary bracelet. This held the life of someone, actually more people, no matter what fate I choose for it, lives will be lost.

"Your mates are coming up now, he left, he is still trying to figure out how to get you, he will take everyone you love to get you and then all your mates will be just like Maxi". He kept talking even though I was shaking with anger. "Please let him get rest, he will always be with you and you know it, but you need to let him go".

Wolf stood up and opened the door. My mates rushed inside and wanted hugs and kisses. I wish I felt something, but I didn't. I was numb.

I had to let him go.

***

A/N Merry Christmas everyone, thank you for being patient with me, thanks for reading and supporting me. Lots of love from me to all of you :)