Chapter 43: Coming clear

She? - Rochelle - Rochelle a spy? He thought she did this... "No!" I whispered back at him "she isn't, she is", "just stop" he said holding his hands up to stop me from saying anything else. He walked back to the door "How in the world would they know where we are if she didn't tell on us" he opened it and slipped out and closed the door behind him leaving me here alone.

I looked down at my bracelet and touched it gently, taking one wolf after the other in hand and studied every inch of them.

This isn't my fault, whoever is here attacking, it is not my fault. Rochelle doesn't exist, I know she don't, but Tristan? He saw her. It made no sense, maybe Tristan didn't see her he just thought he did... no he saw her, I remember clearly his eyes glued on her in surprise after finding her in my room.

"Miley I made a mistake, I need you to do something for me now!" a familiar voice spoke, I looked up in surprise to see Maxi standing there watching me with begging eyes, he looked scared.

I opened the bracelet and put it in my pocket, they let go.

"I didn't do anything" I said quietly mostly to convince myself that I had nothing to do with this. I was just waiting for him to say something, yell at me, tell me how childish I am, how I should man up and take responsible, I was prepared for everything.

"It was me who did it" he blurted frustrated - okay maybe I wasn't prepared for everything. "WHAT?!" I asked confused, "what are you talking about?" I asked him confused.

He shook his head "just come, before it is too late" he rushed towards the door, "hurry" he hissed. I had no better to do so I followed him quickly.

He ran down the hallway with me behind him, everytime someone came he would tell me to hide and he was good at this, he knew this place well.

It changed in a split of a second when a pack of wolves made their way here. An army of men followed and everyone fought and screamed, but looking at the number of them, I knew we lost the battle.

But Maxi ran and I followed him. He followed me to a room with clothes, he pushed a button and a door opened, we went in and then we were in the kitchen of the pack house. He led me to their father's office. "I screwed up Miley" he said with a broken voice.

"I was so naïve, I wanted another chance, to meet my mate and to redo live, but I did something really bad" I just stared at him not knowing what to say "I made a deal with the devil".

"The necklace for my life" he said in a low voice "he - he promised me that if I got him the necklace then he would give me my life back, the only reason you can see me is because he let me be seen"

Maxi's P.O.V.

I told her the truth. I told her everything, about how he promised me a live with my mate, how I gave him my soul and tricked her to get the necklace, because that is what I did, I used my mate. I told her what I always had known. That necklace could be the end of our species.

I let her down, I loved her, I was so eager to get a live that I forgot how this would hurt her. I ruined everything, she was happy and then I came. But I just wanted to be a part of it. The ten could be eleven, the 10 musketeers could be the eleven something else, I don't know, I just didn't want this.

"So what are we going to do?" she asked, I looked at her surprised, I did not expect that answer, I expected her to be mad, cry, yell, hit after me, not that it would harm me more than emotionally.

"Get the necklace before him I guess and get the others out" I answered her, I was so guilty, I couldn't even focus on anything, I ruined everything. I was the blame to all of this!

*

With no time to waste she ran and I followed her, we ended in a bathroom and she was quick to jump on the counter and started to look everywhere for it. "You got it?" I asked her nervously, this was not a good sign, she jumped down from the counter and searched every inch of the bathroom like a crazy person.

"Miley, where is it?" I demanded to know as I started to look myself, but found nothing. "It's gone" those word made me freeze.

It's over.

***

A/N hope you like the chapter. :D things will start to make more meaning soon, all the questions is about to be answered :)