Chapter 47: Bleeding heart

I dared to look up and what I saw will haunt me till I die. A wolf jumped out of the blue and broke the neck of a man I didn't notice before it was too late. I hid in Damon's shirt and let him hold me even closer.

Damon moved with me in his arms, but I didn't dare to look up to see where. I felt a patting on my lower back, it gave me the tingles of a mate and made me turn around. Zak took me from Damon's arms and held me close as he covered me with kisses "you saved all of us".

Guilt is a bad thing. It can eat you up from the inside and leave you empty. And that is exactly what it was doing, he should not thank me when it was me who started it all, or partly... without me none of this would have happened!

"You saved our lives" Ryan said leaning over as he left a kiss on my cheek. "Our brave princess" Zeth said and patted my back.

We all sat down, the pack was more on edge now, more guards were guarding the pack house and my mates sat in a circle around me, I liked it, it made me disappear from the others gazes. Like I said, guilt is a bad thing.

They started talking, Zak and Damon stood to lead the conversation. I was too busy hiding my guilt to hear what they were talking about.

I spotted their dad in the room who nodded approvingly at me and beside him was Jar. Yes, their dad, he saved them, that was his rewards, freedom, beside he does not want to kill me anymore, he just wants me far away from his son, if possible on a mental institution...

"She rescued me from the dungeon so I could release you" their dad explained as a part of a longer conversation I did not pick up on. He did not show any sign of hatred towards me, apparently we are friends now – or good actors!

People started to look at me, with knowing looks telling me they knew I was to blame – I know that is probably only happening in my head, but it feels like it. "She sure is something" their dad said towards his sons, repeating the same exact words he used to talk bad about me – smooth, real smooth! JERK

The boys smiled at their dad "I am glad you finally accepts her, she is an amazing Luna, she already showed that" Nathan said to his dad.

Each comment was a stab in my flesh, my guilt-bobble will explode soon if this doesn't stop very, very soon!

They started discussing the war trying to figure out what went wrong. They all knew I had a say in this. Thanks to my "sister"- who is a mental image I created – they say that is to blame for this entire thing... and to top it, my ghost has gone missing. Mental institution – here I come!

"It seems that we had a spy on our land, as you all might know now" Zak's eyes fell on me, but as if he sensed it was a bad idea looking at me he looked up at the crowd again. "We are a proud pack, we are among the biggest and strongest packs in the world, why would a small pack attack us and leave just like that?" Zak asked.

Silence, the crowd became silence and listened to him like he was their god. "They were searching something. What we don't know is what they were going for?" he said. And the knife strikes again. It was like they knew, they just wanted to break me so I would come with a confession.

Damon stepped forward "any ideas?" he asked. Please say no! please say no! "I do!" DAMN! A man in the back, a fighter obviously stood up straight "I overheard them talking about the curse of Octavius" he said.

The crowd erupted in chatting "that is just a myth" a lady close to me said. Octavius... uhhh... so scared, and you are wrong! But anything that saves my ass is okay! Ovalius it is, or was it Romulus – doesn't matter!