Chapter 12: The mate bond

I stepped forward and they all turned instantly facing me with anger at first, but then as I made my way down the stairs, their anger turned into curiosity. They all sat around a TV in a U-shaped couch with seats for all of them.

I made my way to the couch, keeping my gaze on the floor. I knew it wasn't right leaving the room, I should have respected them, but they scared me and I needed to be with them. It's strange, I know, but that's how I felt.

"Your wrists?" Jake got on his feet and stood in front of me holding my wrists up for him to see "you are hurt" he stated like it was a question, he looked so guilty, even though he wasn't the one tying me up. But I knew it was more an establishment. I didn't answer, afraid that they would give me some sort of lecture about a lesson I now should have learned.

Instead I took his hand in mine feeling the sparks run through my body as our skin touched "why am I feeling like this around you?". I locked my eyes on our skin liking the way it felt. He rubbed my upper hand with his thumb while bending down to look me in the eyes, making the sparks I was feeling go crazy "mates remember?" he asked with a smile.

I shook my head denying "it's not possible" I didn't take my eyes off our hands, somehow I knew this was all real, but how can I just leave my entire life behind to be a part of this unnatural world. I feel my entire life is a lie. Everything I thought I knew, I really didn't.

"Princess, you are surrounded by werewolves" Nathan told me smiling, "your definition of what's impossible failed big time you know" Tristan continued ending his brothers sentence. Twin-power?

I looked up to see them all staring at me in wonder. I looked up at Jake "I don't understand" I admitted. Jake smiled down at me. He was nearly two heads taller than me, I felt so small and vulnerable around him, all of them actually. Jake ran a hand up and down my sides "you will someday, I am just glad you are feeling it".

Zak stood up crossing his arms "I don't remember giving you permission to leave your room". Jakes touch left my body, so that I didn't feel the sparks anymore. They all seemed to remember and looked at me with disappointment. "I don't need your permission" I told them nearly yelling. Ryan's eyes widened telling me to shut.

I looked at Zak apologizing and moved my gaze around facing all of them "I know I disappointed you and I am sorry about that" I paused while gaining my breath, I was so nervous, how do I say this

They all looked surprised when I said that. "Maybe it is just because I'm still shocked of what you are, but I feel strongly connected to you, it kind of hurts being away from you" I smiled at how ridiculous it sounded. "You must think I am losing my mind" I laughed at my silly thoughts. I expecting them to laugh with me or at least to give me a glare, but neither happened.

I looked up at each of them to see their eyes lighten up with... pride? Justin came from behind and pulled me into a hug "quite the opposite" he said calmly, I looked up at him to see him smiling, I smiled back nervously, happy to feel the sparks once again. I must admit that I love the feeling of their touch.

Justin walked towards the couch pulling me with him. He lifted me up to sit on his lap "I think it is time to deepen the entire mate thing" he announced looking from me to the others. All nodded in agreement.

Damon who sat beside me took my hand caressing my palm "a mate is a...." he shook his head "let's just pretend that you only have one mate, it makes the explanation a lot easier" he smiled a bit and continued "the moon goddess is the goddess of the nights creatures such as werewolves. The moon goddess is like a god of romance, she wants to see everybody happy, and she decides who is made for who. Everyone is set up, but not everybody finds their partner the moon goddess made for them. For a werewolf that partner is called a mate, you have no say in choosing your mate, but you will instantly feel connected to your mate". He paused.

"Mostly the mates is from their own species, it is rare it is different, but anyways" he smiled a bit "mates are made for each other, and if they have a hard time the moon goddess helps them on the way" he paused giving me a chance to interrupt.

"Help them, how?" I asked curiously trying to let all the information in that he was giving me. How can a goddess help? She is a goddess, not something real.

I looked up at Justin to see him blushing and laughed awkwardly "mates are pretty possessive and protective to their mates, and the moon goddess can actually make a male go possessive so that it will follow instinct which is to claim their mate as theirs" he looked at me "for women she makes them go into heat".

"Heat?" I asked trying to make him continue. The others looked awkward just as Justin did. Zak interrupted "your body will feel... different for a week or so" he paused blushing madly, "what do you mean different?", "you have sudden needs" he said smiling awkwardly, "like.." I didn't understand a thing.

Damon let out a laugh "you will want us to make you feel good..." he said in a hurry obviously feeling uncomfortable with the situation. Oh... awkward, I was about to protest when Zak started again.  "Once in a while and you will want to mate with us, you will have to, it is the only way to get the pain away, when you have mated all of us the pain will increase".

My jaw dropped "what?" I will sleep with them because I am forced to by some mythical goddess!? I know that animals mate, I am not some animal! I don't mate!

Justin shushed me "it is okay princess, we will only do it if you want us to" he said as if it should be a help, it really wasn't. Damon smiled awkwardly at me, this wasn't the best subject discussing with them.

I would rather have a female telling me this "first there is the kiss, the kiss shows that you have found your mate and will change your smell around other creatures of the night to tell them to back off, they will sense that you are already taken. Then you will be marked, claimed to belong to someone. Last is heat, which is where we will be truly connected by mating" Damon explained like it was no big deal.

Then it hit me, I was ready for the last part of mating, oh that is not going to happen anytime soon! Zeth joined the conversation "you will feel close to us, you have a need to be with us, being apart from us will make you suffer, that's why we have to be around you, we are doing it for your sake" he said gently while he got onto his feet and moved closer to me.

I had no energy to fight him even if I wanted to. As Zeth held out his arms to lift me up I let him and cuddled close to him. "How can I be mated to all of you? why me... I am just a simple human", I looked around.

They all gave me puzzled looks "we don't know love, it is rare, but the moon goddess never makes mistakes. You are maybe human but to my brothers and me you are everything" Damon smiled flirtatiously towards me making me giggle and cuddle closer to Zeth.

****

A/N Thanks for supporting my story, keep giving me feedback I LOVE IT! Let me know what you think and if you have any suggestions or anything at all tell me please :D

Please remember to vote, comment and follow if you like it!

no votegoal.. i will upload thursday  if you are really nice, i might uploading next chapter before :D