Piecing it together-drug

Yeonjun stood up and grabbed the collar of Taehyun's shirt, yanking him close to his face. "TELL ME YOU FOUND WHERE THOSE DRONES CAME FROM. TAEHYUN PLEASE! THEY TOOK HIM!" Yeonjun fell to the ground again. He dropped his hands from Taehyun's shirt. His eyes were running waterfalls. "Its my fault... its all my fault... you shouldve seen the look on his face..."

Taehyun knelt in front of Yeonjun. "The look on whose face?"

Yeonjun wiped his eyes and attempted to choke back a few more tears. "Jungkook's face. The guy that stole him. He wanted him Taehyun. His eyes wouldnt leave Kai." The sadness in his voice turned to rage. "Im going to kill him! I want my husband back!"

Taehyun helped Yeonjun to his feet. "Come on. My dad and I have something to show you."

Amaris called all 3 Chois on the way back to the lab. "It's urgent. Kai is gone."

Beomgyu yelled "WHAT DO YOU MEAN KAI IS GONE?!"

Soobin could be heard crying in the background.

Amaris pleaded "get to the lab. Now. He was kidnapped."

Steven responded "on our way."

Taehyun led Yeonjun to a chair in his office. He told him to sit and wait for the others while him and his dad gathered everything they had on the drones.

The office was still as choatically organized as Yeonjun remembered it to be. Taehyun dug through piles of papers in one corner then piles of paper in another corner on the floor.

Amaris took photos of the deconstructed drones and printed them off. He went to his laptop next and found more files to print.

Soobin and Beomgyu came in first. Beomgyu was holding Soobin who could not stop crying. Seeing him cry made Yeonjun cry all over again. He pulled the couple into a group hug. "Its all my fault. I lost Kai and its all my fault!"

Beomgyu began sobbing too. It hurt to see his best friend and his boyfriend in such pain. Kai and him have gotten very close over the past two years. He saw the blonde as the younger brother he's always wanted. Every instinct he felt towards him displayed a need to care for him. Now he's gone. "...its not your fault Yeonjun."

Soobin collasped onto a chair. His best friend in the whole world was gone. No one knew where he was. Kai was apart of his soul, they were bonded for life. Now it was ripped out of him. His heart hurt from the agony.

The govenor walked in and joined the boys on the chairs. He called to Amaris, asking if they were ready.

The Kangs brought their files to the table and pulled up two chairs in the gap around it.

Amaris asked "Yeonjun, before I start, what happened?"

"My husband is gone. My soulmate. And it's my fucking fault."

Amaris placed a hand on Yeonjun's shoulder. He gave him a box of tissues and a few moments to compose himself. "What happened Yeonjun?"

The grieving husband took another few moments to calm himself down before speaking. "We went outside because Kai suspected either something or someone would come back. He was right. He's always right. Jungkook showed up."

Beomgyu asked "Jungkook is the guy that took him?"

"Yeah. He said he was the leader of the subterranean, a city underground about 100 miles from here."

Amaris and Steven gasped "an underground city!"

Yeonjun continued. "I hated him the second I saw him. I shouldve pulled Kai away but I didnt. That was my first mistake. You shouldve seen his eyes. They wanted Kai. He wouldnt even look at me. Kai was right. That drone was looking for him."

Soobin asked "how did he take Kai? That's impossible. He's the best fighter in the world."

"I stepped in between them. Its all my fault. Jungkook knew I'd fuck up if he got closer to him and I did. I took the bait and he used it to push me away. Kai tried to save me before I hit the ground but something was injected into him. He was struggling to breathe. It was either let him die or fight Jungkook. I couldnt let him die."

Beomgyu asked "but why would he kill him? That doesn't make sense? Kai is heavy too. It would be hard to transport him 100 miles into the underground."

Yeonjun was now madly curious. "You're right. He came on a bike too. It would've been impossible to hold onto his dead weight for that long."

"Oh god" Amaris exclaimed. The group turned to him, waiting for his response. "What if he wasn't dying? What if he was drugged and it just took a second for the drugs to take affect? Take my serum for example. You guys remember David struggling on the stage before it worked right?"

Yeonjun stood up out of anger. "JUNGKOOK TOLD ME HE WAS DYING! IM GOING TO KILL HIM! WHAT KIND OF DRUG WOULD MAKE MY HUSBAND WALK AWAY FROM ME?"

Amaris and Taehyun bit their lips. They figured it out and Yeonjun wasnt going to like the answer.

"ANSWER ME KANGS!"

Taehyun, as softly as he could, responded "one that would make Kai blindly fall in love with him."

"HE LOVES ME! ME! IM HIS HUSBAND!"

"YEONJUN!" Taehyun pleaded, "we know that! The drug probably wiped his memory and he fell in love with Jungkook because you werent there."

"YOURE TELLING ME KAI DOESNT REMEMBER WHO I AM!?"

Steven ordered Yeonjun to sit down and calm down. "This isnt helping. Its better for you to know the truth than to be lied to."

Yeonjun bit his tounge.

Amaris offered an explanation. "For a second, let's go back to my serum example okay? The drug only works as long as it's in effect. Then the person goes back to normal. Im willing to bet Kai only forgets as long as he's drugged. He will remember you."

Yeonjun started to laugh to himself. "Right. So Kai is going to keep getting drugged, for who-the-fuck-knows how long, until what? He actually falls in love with Jungkook? And my husband leaves me? Is that it?"

Beomgyu spoke up. "He's not going to fall in love with anyone else. Especially not someone who kidnapped and drugged him! Youre being ridiculous!"

The two started arguing. Soobin eventually got roped into the argument trying to defend his boyfriend. Beomgyu kept being hopeful but Yeonjun's hope was gone. He kept blaming himself. He was going to fight for Kai but his biggest fear was Kai wouldnt want him in the end. That thought hurt worse than anything else he could think of.

Amaris started opening up his files and discussing with his son on which order to present them.

Steven was doing his best to calm Yeonjun down without angering him more.

Taehyun continued to organize their files while Amaris took notes on the drug Kai was under. He wrote down everything he knew.

-The drug was powerful enough to have Kai walk away.
-Total or partial memory loss
-Worked quickly
-Recipient broke out into a sweat and struggled to breathe before effects took place
-Based on altering the brain with either love or fear. Love made more sense

He jotted down "serotonin" under that last point. Maybe the drug produced overwhelming happiness. The more he wrote, the more depressed he became. There was now a very real possibility Kai would choose the other if his theory was correct.

If you're happy around someone for long enough, you start to produce feelings of love. Love for friends. Love for family. Love for a partner. They had to get Kai out soon or hope the blonde could save himself. With Kai by a rival city's side, they would lose a war if it came down to it.