Green and purple

Kai got up to take a shower. He asked Jungkook to join him but Jungkook insisted Kai go first. "I take long showers. I don't want to mess up your routine."

The blonde still didnt understand but went anyways. While he was rinsing off, he forgot about the marks Jungkook made on his skin. They were sore when he ran a bar of soap a little too hard over them. His entire body actually ached.

He remembered having sex before but the taste was off. It wasnt bad but it wasnt what he remembered. It didnt make sense. Kai assumed his 'husband's diet changed recently. That had to be it.

But he also didnt remember scars on the body he saw before. Jungkook had as many as himself. He left it alone. He was sure he would get told some elaborate story about how Jungkook got them. Stuff he wasnt interested in hearing. He only wanted to make his husband happy. Not bring up sad memories.

Kai walked out of the bathroom after brushing his teeth to see Jungkook texting with a concerned look on his face. "Is everything okay?"

Jungkook looked up and put his phone away. "Yes Im fine. Just arranging a couple of things for my job."

"Oh. Well the bathroom is open. You can shower now. The water will get hot easily."

Jungkook sent one last text before he took his turn to shower.

Kai walked into the closet to pick out some clothes. Too many choices. He browsed to look for something comfy. A lilac purple sweater caught his eye.

He suddenly remembered being surrounded by lilacs in a house. He was sure it was his house. A black haired figure kept walking in and out of rooms. He couldnt see his face but that had to be Jungkook right? Same height as Jungkook. Same hair length. Same build.

Kai guessed they were just a married couple that had two seperate houses. His brain started to hurt the more he tried to think about his past so he stopped. His focus was back onto the clothes.

Some slim gray sweatpants caught his eye so he put that on as well. He grabbed a pair of white converse and called his out good enough for the day.

Jungkook came out to see Kai fully dressed. "That purple doesn't really match your green eyes."

Kai's mood dropped. "Do I look bad?"

"No baby. You never look bad. Purple and green is just an odd combination thats all."

"I like it..."

Jungkook rushed up to him. He hated seeing how sad he looked. It was like telling a puppy no. "Babe Im sorry. You look good. I didnt mean it. You just need some accessories to tie it together! That's all!"

He began to rummage through his jewelry closet and found what he was looking for. Large pearl studs with a matching pearl necklace. He presented them to the blonde. "Here. These will look so good against your fluffy blonde hair."

Kai put the earrings on while Jungkook assisted with the necklace. They really did look good on him. The commander was convinced the blonde could make anything look good at this point. He looked at his watch and realized the time. "We have to go."

"Where?"

"To work. You lead the city with me, remember?"

"Right... Im the general. Youre the commander." Kai followed Jungkook out the door. He was so lost. He knew he was a general but the city wasnt recognizable at all.

Jungkook called his trolley and they stepped inside. The first stop was the cages, the prison of the subterranean. He had to check to see how a few of his special prisoners were holding up. He also needed Kai desensitized.

The cages reminded Kai of the pit. Multiple floors with cages, hence the name, hung from the roof and the railings. Elements looked familiar so he was more okay with this.

A soldier at the gate looked at the blonde and then at Jungkook. "Sir. Is this your guest?"

Kai was offended. How dare a low level soldier disrespect the general. "I am your general, your leader in command! How about you show some respect!"

The poor solider looked so confused. He looked around to the others for help but they didnt say anything.

Jungkook stepped up. "You heard him."

The soldier hesitantly stood at attention. The rest followed.

Kai heard one of them whispering about his lack of uniform. He began to wonder where his own was. It wasnt in the closet. Jungkook wasnt wearing one yet he commanded respect. Kai made a mental note to ask about it later.

Jungkook led him inside towards an empty office. He typed several things in while Kai patiently waited. Badges and security clearances printed. "Kai, hold out your hand. I need to scan your prints."

"But my prints are already in the system!"

He flawlessly lied. "The system shut down while we were gone. One of the recent prisoners launched a cyber attack. Its just a safety measure."

"Is that what you were texting about this morning?"

The question caught Jungkook off guard. He delightfully said "yes. It is."

Kai sensed he was lying. He stuck his hand out anyway and let his eyes be scanned as well. There wasnt any danger to it.

They waited for a few minutes to let the computer store his DNA. By habit, Kai twirled his ring around. He looked at Jungkook's hand and noticed he wasnt wearing one. "Babe?"

"Yes?"

"Where is your wedding ring?"

"In the closet of course. Its safe there."

"Right... remind me again... what color is it?"

It took every ounce of self control that Jungkook had not to show panic in his face. He thought of this morning, how sad Kai looked when he insulted the green and purple combination. He looked at his ring and noticed it had green. "Purple and white."

Kai's eyes relaxed. Jungkook allowed himself a small moment to do the same. He answered correctly. Getting Yeonjun's ring was going to be impossible without putting himself in danger. There was a good jeweler in town. Maybe he could create a replica. If he was right, and he was right, the ring would be identical to Kai's except green would replace purple.

The blonde felt some of his fears alleviate when his 'husband' answered correctly. He let himself be lead down a dark hall to a cell far away from the others. There was a man inside. At least twice the age of Kai but the beatings aged the mans appearance by another 10 years.

Jungkook tapped on the cell. The man scrambled to his feet and backed into the far wall behind him. "Please dont hurt me!"

The commander turned to his general. "I dont think you two have properly met. This is my uncle, Jisoo Jeon. He tried to kill me 3 years ago but I stopped him. Isnt that right uncle?"

"My only regret is that I failed!" The man spit onto the floor in front of him. That infuriated Kai. How dare someone attempt his 'husband's life and insult him in front of him!

Kai barged into the cell and punched him so hard, Jisoo's head hit the wall. He was knocked unconscious as blood dragged down the surface with his body.

Jungkook's jaw dropped. He totally misread Kai as some beautiful blonde angel. He had a devil in lilac, willing to do anything to protect him. He fell harder for his protector.

Kai turned around to speak but Jungkook pushed him into the cell with his tounge in his mouth. They had sex right next to the unconscious bleeding man.

The commander let his general rail him his as he watched his uncle's head continue to slowly bleed. Kai's knees began to hurt so he picked Jungkook up and pressed him against the wall.

They finished as quickly as they started, both equally consumed by their own lust for each other.

Before they left the cell, Jungkook spat on his uncle for good measure and used his 'blanket' to wipe himself off.

When they left the prison, Jungkook noticed he only had about 24 hours left until the drug wore off. He still didnt have a plan but whatever he came up with had to work. Kai was his and he was going to keep it that way.