Kai's amber eyes

Kai was waiting in the doorway. He could see a scientist working something green. Jungkook stepped up to the table and noticed the green was much darker. The color looked like the needles of a pine tree, a dark forest green. "Will that be the color of his eyes?"

"Actually... I was able to fix that little problem too. Well at least it worked for the simulations I tested it on."

"So his eyes will be normal and he will stay like this?"

"Yes."

Jungkook walked up to Kai. He took one last look at those beautiful emerald eyes before he never saw them again. "Is this really what you want babe?"

Namjoon interjected "he's drugged. How could he possibly honestly answer that?"

Kai said yes. "This will make us happy right?"

Jungkook brushed the blonde strands off of his forehead. "Yes baby. This will make us happy."

Kai rolled up his sleeve and stuck his arm out. "Do it."

Namjoon saw the knife Jungkook was clutching onto. He hesitantly loaded the serum into a syringe. "Kai... before I do this you need to understand what will happen. You both do."

Kai rested his arm on the lab table. Jungkook took his place next to him as they listened.

Namjoon explained. "Kai your memories will be back. All of them. Your brain will try to pull you one way but your heart is going to tell you something differently. You were married before. To someone named Yeonjun Choi. You love him but your mind will want Jungkook. Do you understand so far?"

The blonde nodded. "I guess. My heart is Jungkook's though."

"When your memories are back, it wont be. You could literally kill yourself if you keep fighting your mind. Do you understand that? That was the only side effect I wasnt able to get rid of. You Kai, will die, if you try going back to Yeonjun. I need you to understand that."

"I understand." Kai said it with such confidence. He couldnt possibly know what Namjoon meant. His mind was currently on one thing only. That was being this happy forever.

Jungkook couldnt wait until the injection began as Kai stuck his arm out again. He saw Namjoon's hesitation and began twirling the knife in the air.

The scientist feared for his life as much as he feared for the blondes'. He looked to Kai and asked "are you ready? This will hurt."

"Im ready."

Namjoon was not clear on how much it would hurt. Kai didnt feel the other injections. This one he felt. It was like fire enterring his blood system. He felt himself struggling to breathe. It was like someone was pressing a stone on a balloon trying to inflate.

Kai started choking, gagging, doing anything he could for air. Jungkook was holding his hand telling him he was going to be okay. He was scared as Kai's breathing kept wavering.

The blonde felt his eyes change color. His vision blacked out as the green stripped itself from his irises. Amber fire replaced the green and it hurt just as much as the initial injection. Kai screamed. He wanted to rip his eyes out.

His brain began to throb getting all of his memories back. He saw the memory of meeting Yeonjun. He saw the memory of his dad shooting him during a training practice. He saw him teasing Soobin with a kiss. He saw his wedding. He saw Taehyun and him eating under a tree. He saw all the times he had sex in a puddle of blood. He saw all the small moments he had with Yeonjun. He remembered how much he loves Yeonjun.

Yeonjun became his only memory which only hurt his brain more. It felt like it wanted to tear itself in half. He screamed more.

Jungkook yelled "NAMJOON HOW LONG IS THIS GOING TO LAST?!"

The scientist couldnt say anything. He had no idea. This wasnt supposed to happen. He realized his mistake of injecting Kai while there was a drug already inside of him. They were fighing each other.

Kai kept screaming. It was a blood curddling screech. Jungkook kept telling Kai he was going to be okay while starting to doubt that himself.

The blonde's vision kept spinning as his brain fought itself. He closed his eyes. The sight of the ceiling spinning in an endless circle made him want to vomit.

Jungkook moved out of the way as he did vomit. Emerald green liquid was all over the floor below him with small drops of blood mixed in. Kai hung his head over the lab table and emptied himself of every bright green liquid he had left in his system. He felt as if he was puking his own stomach up.

Kai threw his head back onto Jungkook's chest as he supported him from behind. His breath started to return to normal. He spit out the leftover blood and stomach acid from his mouth, onto the floor.

Jungkook looked at Namjoon and demanded "order Kai food. Now. And a large bottle of water. I need to get him home before he passes out."

Namjoon ran out of the room to get something bland and filling.

Jungkook slowly turned Kai's chair around and knelt in front of him. "Babe. How are you feeling?" He wiped the sweat off of the blonde's face with his sleeve as he waited for an answer.

Kai opened his eyes. Jungkook got a full view of those beautiful ambers. This time those ambers were the ones looking at him with love. He asked again, "how are you feeling baby?"

"Hungry. I cant wait to go home with you."

Jungkook grinned from seeing the drug actually work. "Namjoon is getting you some food. Then we can go home." He looked up to see the scientist return with a cheap plastic bag. "Perfect timing. Here's your food baby."

Kai was handed a small bowl of unflavored oatmeal and a large bottle of blue gatorade. The oatmeal was eaten first. It tasted horrible but Kai was able to keep it down. The bottle of gatorade was next. Namjoon handed Jungkook a 32 oz bottle of water and told him to give it to Kai when he wakes up.

Jungkook whistled for his trolley then helped his blonde to his feet. "Stay awake for me for a few more minutes. I can get you to bed soon."

Kai failed to stay awake as he rested his head on Jungkook's shoulder.

They arrived 10 minutes later to the condo. The raven hair grabbed the blonde's thigh and gently shook it. "Hey. Hey baby. We're here. We just need to walk a couple of doors and we can get you into bed. I need you to stand up though."

He forced his eyelids open and stumbled into the condo. Jungkook picked him up and gently placed him under the covers of the bed. Kai passed out again.

Words couldnt describe how happy Jungkook was. He saw the love those blazing ambers held for him. He also no longer had to introduce himself. The blonde was his and all his.

The next challenge would be taking Yeonjun out of the picture. Kai can't fall in love again if he's dead. He just had to figure out a way to kill him without Kai knowing about it.