Remembered and forgotten

On the way back to the subterranean, Kai couldnt stop thinking about Yeonjun. He didnt look familiar. He felt familiar. His heart beat picked up with he saw Yeonjun in pain.

What really didnt make sense was why Jungkook brought him back there. They didnt go in, they didnt really speak to anyone of the people outside. Kai just didnt get why. He couldnt wait to hear the explanation Jungkook had this time.

Jungkook sat backwards further into Kai when he felt the blonde loosen his grip on him. Kai slipped out of his thoughts as he felt his 'husband's warmth.

His hand slipped down to clutch his seat when they went over a small bump. He felt something. Kai grabbed the object that he felt and noticed it was a tracker. He didnt bother to tell Jungkook about it. Kai simply tossed it aside as they continued to drive off.

His head suddenly started to hurt. The grip on Jungkook completely loosened when he tried to clutch it out of pain.

Jungkook slowed down and stopped mid-drive in the dust. "Kai! Kai what's wrong?"

Kai screamed in pain. His eyes hurt the most. They were throbbing. He felt like they wanted pop out of his skull. "Whats..." he screamed again. "Whats happening to me?!"

Jungkook began to panic when he realized the drug was beginning to wear off. "Kai! Kai please hold on! I'll get you to a doctor soon!"

Kai slumped off of the bike and clutched his helmet on the ground. "NO! WHY DO I ALWAYS END UP IN PAIN AROUND YOU? I KNOW YOU KNOW! TELL ME THE TRUTH!" He started to bang his head on the ground. His tempo matched the pulse in his head.

"Baby please get on the bike. I can get you some help. Please! We're almost there!"

Kai crawled away. His vision kept bouncing from pitch black to color. Jungkook tried to touch him but he smacked his hand away.

Suddenly the pain stopped. He remembered everything. Everything. He slowly stood up. "What the fuck did you do to me?"

"Kai listen..."

"Im listening."

Jungkook didnt know what to say. He turned to get on the bike but Kai grabbed him and pinned him to the ground with the knife at his neck. "Talk."

"Ask."

"Why did you bring me back there? I get it. You wanted me. You had me. Why go back?"

Lying to Kai was going to be useless so Jungkook didnt bother. Truthfully, he was equally terrified and turned on. The blonde was so impressive to him. So thrilling. "I needed Yeonjun to see that you chose me."

"Why?"

"So it would lessen the chance he would come find you."

"Youre a fucking idiot. He was always going to find me."

"He was going to give up when he saw you with me again. Dont you remember how happy you felt around me?" Jungkook began to sit up. Kai let him while keep the knife pinned to his throat. The raven hair now sat upright with the blonde on his lap. He clutched his waist with one hand. The other laid behind him to support himself. "Dont you remember how you felt about us? You were so happy. You havent killed me yet. I know you felt it."

The knife was now pressing onto the cloth of Jungkook's stealth suit. If Kai pressed more, the fabric would break and his neck would be exposed to the dust. "You DRUGGED ME! I didnt feel a fucking thing besides the drugs!"

"I love you Kai. Youre so perfect." The hand on Kai's waist started running his hand along his back. "I really do love you and Im so sorry for this."

Kai lifted his hand to stab the man pinned under him but felt another injection into his side. Jungkook was smart enough to do a smaller dose this time.

As Kai fell, Jungkook took the knife and threw it to the side. He watched the blonde begin to become lifeless on the ground. Jungkook remembered the patch in his pocket and made sure to place it over the area of injection so Kai's skin wouldnt be exposed.

The drug worked much quicker this time. After a couple of minutes of painfully slow breathing, Kai sat up. "Who are you?"

Jungkook pressed a button on both of their helmets. Their black became translucent. Those emerald green eyes were staring at Jungkook's black ones. They softened as he fell in love all over again.

"My name is Jungkook Jeon. Im your husband. Come on. Lets get you home. I'll take care of you."

"Okay." Kai sat behind Jungkook on the bike and held him closely.

The commander made sure to make a mental note to himself to tell Namjoon to fix the memory issue. He was not going to introduce himself every single time Kai needed an injection. His memory coming back was better than the agony of repeating himself because at least the feeling of love would still be there.

They arrived back at the base and dropped their suits off. Jungkook held Kai's hand and took him to the closest restaurant. He bought a burger, a small salad and a large bottle of water. Kai was starving. He ate it quickly. Jungkook hurried him back to the house, knowing the blonde was going to pass out soon.

He tossed him some silk pajamas "you need to change out of that. Im sure youre tired. Itll be easier to sleep in this."

"How did you know I was tired?"

"Im your husband. I can just tell."

"Come to bed with me?"

Jungkook kissed his cheek. "I'll join you in a bit. I'll be back."

"Hurry please." Kai crawled into bed and passed out.

Jungkook headed straight to the lab to see Namjoon. He called to the scientist and heard his faint voice in the very back. "In here!"

Namjoon was already working on the problem he knew the younger was going to demand needed fixing. "Im assuming Kai is passed out in your condo because he needed another injection?"

"Yeah. Can you fix it?"

"Im trying. Its hard. It took me 7 years to develop it. Youre not allowed to give him the finished product until I approve of it."

"How dare you threaten me!"

"I told him to." Jin announced from the door frame again. An annoying habit Jungkook hated. "You almost killed him last time remember?"

Jungkook stood up straight. "And who are you to challenge me?"

Jin as usual was used to the younger's attitude problem. "The guy who runs your city while you chase after someone who doesnt even love you."

"HE DOES LOVE ME. HE COULDVE KILLED ME BUT HE DIDNT!"

"When? Out in the dust? It sure as hell wasnt by the globe. We wouldve heard from them by now if it was."

"What does that matter?"

Jin took several steps forward, not breaking his stance. "Because what did you expect him to do? Leave your body out there? I bet he didnt know where the hell he was. Your helmet only responds to you. He would have no way of getting home or finding this place."

Jungkook bit his tounge again. He cursed Jin in his head but that was about all he could do to his mentor in life.

Jin commanded "Namjoon will do his best to fix your memory problem but in the mean time, you will NOT take the test samples without his approval. Is that understood?"

Jungkook took a step towards the govenor. "And when the drug wears off, what do you expect me to do with the most dangerous man, trapped in our city?"

"You brought him in here. Figure it out." Jin left after threatening him again.

The commander had just enough. His anger was directed towards Namjoon now. "You have one week before I start stealing more samples. If I dont get anything promising, I will unleash a war onto the globe. Is that understood?"

Namjoon looked to the young commander to see if he was serious. He was. "Understood."

Jungkook had about 48 hours to figure out how to keep Kai without losing him. Locking him up was the serious last resort. He would never fall in love with him that way and he was pretty sure the blonde would escape anyways. For now, he took the trolley back to his love and fell asleep besides him once more.