Forever emeralds, skills tests

Kai was still sleeping from what his 'husband' did to him earlier after they woke up.

Jungkook used the opportunity to call Namjoon at the lab.

The scientist answered "hi sir. I was actually just about to call you. I have something I think you'll appreciate."

"Is it the knife from Ellie?"

"No. Ellie is almost done with it though. She burned the file. I knew you were going to ask."

"Good. Now what is it?"

"During research, I discovered I could make the effects a little more...permanent."

Jungkook looked back to make sure Kai was still sleeping before responding. "And the memory problem?"

"That's the harder part. Still working on that. I believe I can accomplish both soon. The next batch of formula will be the final batch if this is what you want. I refuse to make more and I'll burn every copy of it."

"So the next batch will restore Kai's memory and permanently make him mine?"

"Yes."

Jungkook looked over at Kai again. His angel was still sound asleep. The small whistle he made when he breathed out was really cute. "Do it. That is the last batch I'll ever need."

"Yes sir. I'll give you an update when I'm close. I just want this to be over."

Jungkook hung up and returned to bed. Kai woke up when he felt body heat wrap around him. "Hi baby!"

The raven hair kissed him. He asked "hi Jeon-Huening! Did you sleep well?" His eyes couldnt hide the happiness knowing soon, those emeralds would be his forever.

Kai rubbed his eyes. "How long was I out? You really outdid yourself."

Jungkook giggled. "You too. You were only out for an hour honey. We need to get dressed. I'd like you to meet the honored."

"The honored?"

"I meant the... Jade level soldiers. Yeah. I'd like you to review their performances in a few skills tests."

"Sure."

Kai went to the closet to find his uniform. Jungkook waited outside the door until he found it. Kai came out fully dressed in his new uniform. It fit like a glove but there was something missing. "Where's my crest?"

Jungkook cursed himself for forgetting another thing. In less than 48 hours, he would get to try this all over again. "Being polished. I hope that's okay. It was looking a little worse for wear."

"Oh... please ask me next time. I got that when I was 16."

"You got that when you were only 16?"

Kai arched his eyebrow. "You knew that. I had to have told you that. I was the youngest jade, I mean, honored level soldier ever and the only perfect score in the history of the trials."

The only thing Jungkook could think about was Namjoon hurrying the hell up with this new formula. The more Kai was drugged, the more stuff he had to memorize so Kai's next awakening would be closer to his normal.

He took a deep breath and sighed. "I didnt forget. Im sorry. I just have a lot on my mind."

Kai saw the sadness in his eyes. He hugged him and told him he loved him over and over. Jungkook sunk into the hug before dismissing himself to go change into his uniform.

The two left the condo and called the trolley. Kai looked over a he watched Jungkook type the coordinates into the honor's base.

A large obsidian black fort came into view. Red flags and tassels hung on the walls. A large black basalt statue of Jungkook stood on the ledge above the doors. A red painted sash and a red painted crown adorned the statue at his request.