Red and black

"Jungkook?"

Jungkook was reading some training reports in bed. He looked up to see Kai was taking his shirt off to join him. "Yes baby?"

"Can I go back to the globe? It's been three months since I've been there last. The field team said they found a second entrance."

Jungkook pulled him into bed once his shirt was off. He stripped his off his own shirt and laid down against the blonde's shoulder. "Sure. We can go back tomorrow. When did they find that entrance?"

"Yesterday." Kai pulled his phone out from his pocket and pulled up the report. He gave the phone to his 'husband' and explained "they're close to the main base. If they get to the lab, we're screwed. The drug still isn't ready. Our army has seen big improvements but it won't be enough without the drug."

Now Jungkook was nervous.

The last three months have been pure bliss. Kai was entirely his. No resistance, no sarcastic comments, no mentioning of Yeonjun in his dreams. It was the life he always dreamed of. His back had 10 new scars from scratches during sex. Kai had a couple of bite marks on his chest and ass. The blonde was even surprising him with gifts if he got home earlier than Jungkook. The most recent being a new ring to replace the purple one. Same design but instead of purple, it was red with rubies and diamonds.

The Snow Globe was threatening to ruin everything he killed for by finding more entrances. If they could find them, it was only a matter of time before they were able to get into them.

Jungkook replied "what's your plan?"

"To tell them to move on. They're only doing this to get me back but I choose you. This city is bigger too. I don't feel as trapped. One day, I want to be able to fly the skies when we rid the world of dust. We can go anywhere we want! Can you imagine that?"

"Almost. It sounds incredible though. Where would you want to go?"

"I'm not sure. Your family lineage came from South Korea right? Let's go there!"

Jungkook put his reports to the side and fully turned his attention to Kai. "Where's yours from?"

"Kind of everywhere but my dad said Hawaii was his favorite place as a child. So I guess Hawaii?"

"The United States right? Islands and stuff?"

"Yeah!"

"Babe... it probably is underwater right now or it for sure will be by the time the world melts. Maybe South Korea too."

"Then where would you want to go?"

"How about the first place we see? Doesn't matter where. Let's get married there. New place for a new marriage. I'll even get you a new ring to make it official."

Kai looked at his ring. He got sad at the idea of replacing it but refused to let it show on his face. God he missed Yeonjun so much. It was a win for him to finally get that purple fake ring off of his fake husband's finger. That was for Yeonjun only. "Black. I want the ring to be black with black and white diamonds and white marbling."

"Done."

Kai and Jungkook went back to reading their own reports.

Kai was stuck in a hate cycle. He hated how much he didn't hate being in the subterranean. That led to resentment towards Jungkook which led to missing Yeonjun. Then that led to hating himself for not going back to Yeonjun sooner which led to hating himself more until he was once again, not hating his life in the subterranean. Jungkook just never completely filled the hole that got deeper with every day he was away from his real husband.