Lost network

Yeonjun had no idea what the hell he was doing as he typed away on the computer. Taehyun told him it was a lost cause trying to find the other network without a point to look for. How can you find something you dont even know for sure is there?

He would ask Amaris but he didnt dare disrupt the progress the scientist has made on the antidote.

There had to be a hidden network. Jungkook seemed to know everything about Kai and if Jungkook could figure out how to find their network then Yeonjun was definitely going to.

He looked at the views of the video of the incident at the stadium and tried to filter them out by 'most recent'. It was still pulling in hundreds of views daily since it became a topic to do research on in schools.

The next step was to narrow down IP addresses outside of the globe. Only problem was he didnt know which were in the globe and which weren't. He wasnt the most tech savy person.

Yeonjun called Taehyun who was outside working the dust zone. "Pick up Kang. Pick up. Pick up. Pick up."

Taehyun answered annoyed. This was the 5th time Yeonjun has called today. "What? What now? I told you it's a lost cause and I told you that Im too busy to help you!"

"I know youre too busy but maybe you can give me someone who isnt? Please?"
Yeonjun patiently waited for an answer. He knew he was being annoying but he lost his husband, his other half. He didnt care how many phone calls it took. He needed help.

Taehyun sighed "sure. Just... wait there okay? I can send someone over."

"Thank you!" Yeonjun patiently waited. Someone came through the door. Yeonjun didnt bother to greet them. He just pointed at the computer and said "I need your help. I pulled up a list of IP addresses from views the day before Kai left. Can you figure out which ones arent from here?"

The intern put his hand down when he realized his handshake was going to go unfinished. He took a seat at the computer and started typing away. The temporary general, Yeonjun, was annoyingly close to the screen. It made the intern very uncomfortable but he worked through it.

Whatever the man on the computer was doing, took longer than Yeonjun would have liked. He took a seat and started to fidget with his ring. A habit he picked up from Kai after watching him do it so much.

"How much longer? Im hungry."

The man nervously said "it'll be a couple more minutes sir. I should be done by the time youre back."

"Back? Im ordering delivery. Im not going anywhere. Do you know what its like to lose your soul mate? Do you?!"

"No but-"

"Im not going anywhere. Im not going to rest. Im not going to take a break. Im not going to do the million other things people tell me to do until I get my husband, YOUR GENERAL, back. Do you understand?!"

The intern typed faster. "Yes sir."

Yeonjun ordered some bland oatmeal, a chocolate protein bar and some grape juice. He didnt want food with a lot of flavor because life without Kai was flavorless. His food just needed to be enough to keep him awake and alive.

He ate in the sound of computer keys typing away. His eyes refused to leave the screen. Ones and zeros kept flashing before his eyes. The list of IP addresses got smaller and smaller. When he finished his protein bar, the list was narrowed down to 3.

Several painful minutes passed and the list of three hadnt shrunk to one yet. The sounds of keys typing away was driving Yeonjun insane. He wanted to yell at him and tell him to go faster but he continued to fidget instead.

The ring slipped off of his finger and bounced onto the floor. Yeonjun dove after it screaming "SHIT!" The ring was undamaged but collected a smudge of dust. He brushed it off gently with his sleeve. "Im sorry Kai..."

The intern heard the sorrow in his voice. It made him want to try harder. There was one IP address in particular that was difficult to locate. He got approximate locations for the other two and figured it couldnt be those. The signal for the last one was weak, difficult to triangulate. He hit a series of firewalls and made it a mission to break through them.

Yeonjun saw the list go from three to one. He sat up and ran towards the computer. "Did you find it?!"

"Not yet sir. It has to be this one though. The location is nowhere near the globe. Its like it's underground."

"That was one of the theories going around."

"I gave up trying to find the computer that was used so I moved onto trying to find the tower or, towers, it's around. Give me one more minute sir. I think I'm close." That was the intern politely telling Yeonjun to back away but he didnt.

The anticipation was killing both of them. A small white circle with a red dot in the center appeared on the screen. "Sir! I got a tower! I can't get into their network yet but I do have an approximate location of the city!"

"Is Taehyun closer or Beomgyu?"

"Taehyun sir."

Yeonjun called Beomgyu and told him they found one of the city's towers. He also told him Taehyun was closer so his team needed to pack up and head over.

He called Taehyun next.

The scientist sighed again. "....what Yeonjun?"

"We found a tower. Youre two miles away. They're deep underground. The tower is at least a mile down. Maybe more. Beomgyu and his team are on their way over now."

"Yeonjun are you serious?"

"Dead serious. Promote this intern once youre back. He's going to try to find their network now."

"Will do. I'll update you at dinner tonight."

"Cancel din-"

"Yeonjun. Stop. We're having dinner at 8 like we always do. Beomgyu and Soobin will be there too. See you tonight?"

"See you tonight. And Taehyun..."

"Yes?"

"Thank you. Seriously. I know Ive been annoying lately and Im sorry."

"Kai is gone. I want to find him as much as you do but I know its worse for you. Dont apologize."

"See you tonight."

"See you."