Underground advantage

Kai couldnt stop crying as he held the stranger in his arms. He pushed him away a couple of inches, only so he could see his face. "Who...who are you? Im so sorry that I dont remember your name."

He held the hand that had the purple ring. This had to be his real husband. Why else would this stranger be crying this much? His mind and body were torn from each other, both wanting different things.

Yeonjun pulled Kai under a street light so they could properly see each other. Those green eyes were Kai's but they werent. He wanted the amber ones back. "Im Yeonjun Choi-Huening. Im your husband of two years Kai. How long ago were you drugged?"

Kai's head suddenly started pounding in pain trying to remember. He fell to the ground, clutching his head.

Yeonjun saw all of the scars on Kai's hands as the blonde had a death grip on his hair. "What happened to you baby? Did he hurt you?"

"He wouldnt hurt me. He's my husband!" The pain suddenly stopped. Kai was able to look Yeonjun in the eyes now. "I did it to myself. I was trapped in a room. Im okay now."

"Babe... stay here with me until the drug leaves your body. You'll remember everything. It wont hurt anymore."

"I..." the pain started again as Kai wanted to say he would stay. His heart wanted to be with Yeonjun but his mind was fighting him on it. He whimpered "please make it stop. It only stops when I make him happy... I love him Yeonjun. He loves me. I love him. He loves me." The pain became easier to manage the more he repeated that to himself.

It hurt to hear but Kai's face said it all. Yeonjun knew Kai was still his and he was still Kais'. The words didnt matter at that moment. He didnt want Kai to continue being in pain. "Baby why are you here? I know it isnt to see me. He wouldnt let you do that."

"I need to take something in here. He needs it. He needs the truth."

"From you?"

"Ah!" Kai quietly gasped as the pain returned. "...n-no. Not-not me. Jin."

He couldn't take it anymore. It felt like a needle piercing his skull, going deeper every time he betrayed Jungkook. Kai ran towards the lab at a lightning speed.

Yeonjun was a few seconds too late before he figured out what was happening.

Kai was in and out of the lab before Yeonjun could even get there. Before the blonde knew it, he was out of the dome and on Jungkook's bike. The pain was over and the warmth of Jungkook was back. It felt euphoric. He rested his head on the raven haired's shoulders the whole ride back. He was so happy to be with him again.

"WAKE UP! WAKE UP! WAKE UP!" Yeonjun yelled as he pounded on the Kang's door.

Taehyun rubbed his eyes and grumpily said "you better have a fucking good explanation for this."

"KAI STOLE THE TRUTH SERUM."

Taehyun was suddenly very awake. He woke his dad up and told him what Yeonjun said. The Kangs didnt bother to change out of their pajamas. They went straight to the lab.

Yeonjun called the other Chois on the way and told them the same thing. Everyone was at the lab in under 10 minutes.

They all sat around the coffee table in Taehyun's office as he activated privacy mode.

Amaris spoke first. "It's gone. All of it. There was only 2 left anyways but it's gone."

Beomgyu asked "so wait. Kai was here?! Youre telling me Kai was here and he stole the serums?! Why?!"

Yeonjun answered "he tried so hard to recognize me... I could see it. But every time he tried he got some kind of headache. It got so bad he ran and thats when he stole it. He said Jungkook was going to use it on some guy named Jin."

Amaris muttered "I was wondering what the punishment was..."

Soobin asked "punishment?"

The scientist explained "yes for going against the drug. It warns you before it kills you like my truth formula. For Kai is must be some literal mind splitting headache. It's bad that the formula was stolen but Kai also couldve died if he... wait what caused it again?"

Yeonjun answered "anything related to hurting Jungkook or remembering something for too long. It took a lot for him to say the formula was for Jin. He ran shortly after."

Soobin asked "how did you even find him?"

"He was outside your house. I think he saw either you or me and was trying to recognize us. It made him stop long enough for me to notice someone was staring. That's when I found him in a shadow."

The govenor asked "still has green eyes?"

"Yeah... I want his old ones back."

Taehyun spoke up. "If he stole the formula for Jungkook, that means this Jin is planning against him. Do you think he would kill him? If he can get into the network, we can find Jin and warn him."

Yeonjun got irritated knowing that intern still isn't close to breaking in and Jungkook did it so easily to theirs. "Ruby Jeon made the firewall. Jungkook is her grandson."

"Shit..." said the Kangs. The father and son looked at each other and had a conversation with their eyes that only they could understand.

Beomgyu got impatient. "Well?"

Taehyun turned to the group. "If I go off of the field research and my dad stops working on the antidote for a little bit,  we think we can break into the network together."

Yeonjun said "I'll take over the field team. If I see Jungkook's head pop out of the ground, it's going to be shot off. I'll bring tranqualizers for Kai just in case."

The govenor gave everyone assignments. The Kangs were to make breaking into the network a priority.

Soobin and him were going to work with Beomgyu on drafting a temporary law for Kai's capture if he breaks back in. No one besides Yeonjun would be allowed to talk to him. Everyone else would just be met with hostility.

He would be kept in the old prison cell by the governor's house. Yeonjun warned that if Kai was successfully captured, he would drop all of his work to be with him in that cell. Everyone understood and no one dared to argue against it.

The group set off back to their houses to get some more sleep in preparation for tomorrow.

Kai and Jungkook arrived the hidden platform. It descended upon their whistled 5 note sequence. They took off their suits and walked into Ellie's lab. Jungkook tossed her one of the two vials from his pocket and said "here. The globe's big truth serum. Figure out the composition and the antidote. We don't need to make more. I just want the option."

Ellie admired the blue liquid in her hands. "It will take a while but it will be done sir."

As they walked out, Kai whispered "what are you going to do to the other one?"

Jungkook took his hand as they walked into their trolley. He plugged in the coordinates for their condo and they took off. "You inspired me baby. Im going to get answers like you did."

"Can I be there? This Jin is trying to hurt you. I want to know why. I can't let anything happen to you."

"Of course Kai." Jungkook led him inside and set the serums in a hidden cabinet as Kai went to brush his teeth. It would only be a couple more hours until the drug wore off. As Kai exited the bathroom, Jungkook pulled him into a kiss. He knew exactly how he wanted to spend it.