A knife, a vial, a tracker

Yeonjun grabbed Beomgyu's hand after watching Kai leave. He quickly dragged him to his car and sped off.

Beomgyu asked "where are we going?"

"My house. We have a weapons room. Grab some. We're getting Kai back."

"The tracker stuck?"

Yeonjun only nodded as he kept driving.

They arrived at the house that was no longer a home with his husband gone. Beomgyu walked with him to the weaponary. He grabbed a shotgun and a small .22 pistol. Yeonjun grabbed Kai's old throwing knife and a .45 glock. He wanted Jungkook to feel the weight of the bullet so he would understand how he felt watching Kai leave him.

Yeonjun led Beomgyu into the garage. "Indigo."

"Yes Yeonjun?"

"Find tracker 84. Guide me there. Transfer coordinates to Kai's bike and my own. Allow one time use to Beomgyu Choi."

"Yes Yeonjun."

Beomgyu took Kai's helmet and saw the coordinates and the map to get there. Yeonjun got on his bike and they took off. Before they left the decontaminated circle outside, Yeonjun said "Indigo."

"Yes Yeonjun?"

"Activate protection mode."

"Right away Yeonjun."

Their helmets started weaving fabric around their bodies. Their entire suit was an electric blue so it was easier to see in the dust; the same blue Jungkook had. Yeonjun suddenly hated it but he didnt have time to change the color.

"Ready?"

Beomgyu nodded and they took off.

Yeonjun noticed the tracker was only 72 miles inwards. The city was supposed to be 100. Something happened. It caused him to race faster. The limits of the bike were being pushed but he didnt care. Beomgyu kept up with him. He noticed the same thing.

They stopped at the last known location of the tracker. Yeonjun began to search for it in the dust. Beomgyu split from him to search another area.

Neither of them could see much. Radar only picked up flat land. No sign of the tracker.

The wind started to pick up. Dust began to swirl in circles. A classic sign of an impending wind storm. Temperatures also began to rise. The air felt hot and sticky. If they didnt find what they needed soon, they were going to die out there.

Beomgyu looked upwards and kept walking in random circles, hoping to find something. He tripped over something small. Kai's knife was on the ground in front of him. "YEONJUN! I FOUND KAI'S KNIFE!"

"OW! For fucks sake Beomgyu! You dont need to yell! I can easily hear you!"

"Sorry..."

"Stay there. I think I found something too."

He found the tracker completely covered in dust. It was starting to wear from the radiation which explained why Indigo couldnt get an exact location. He also found a syringe on the ground with a bit of liquid left in it. "Beomgyu get over here. I found the drug and there's still some left."

Beomgyu ran over and they stared at the small droplets of green liquid floating in the container. "What do you think happened?"

Yeonjun smiled in his helmet and allowed himself to laugh for a few seconds. "I think Kai got his memory back. He remembered me. They fought. Kai got another injection before he could kill Jungkook."

"He remembered you!"

"Yeah. Only this time I doubt they'll be back. The tracker got us this far out. Theyre about 20-30 miles from this area. That should help Taehyun narrow the list down."