Waiting out the toxin

"So what now Kai?"

Kai recalled the blades as he held Yeonjun's hand. "Don't burn him or anything that harms the body. I'm not sure how burials in the Subterranean work but we need to respect them. We all also should attend the service. It would should respect and that we want peace."

"Who specifically?"

"The leaders only. If we brought more, it would seem like a threat. I can plan more once this drug wears off. How much longer do I have?"

"About a day."

"I know how I'd like to spend tonight." Kai kissed Yeonjun softly then pulled back. "First, call the Kangs and the Chois. Give them the tape of what happened. I need to go back. Something tells me I have to talk to someone. I promise I'll be back tonight though."

Yeonjun kissed him again. The threat was gone. Kai was completely his and they were as in love as they were before. They split ways as Kai went off to the Subterranean.

The leaders gathered in Taehyun's office and watched the video together. Afterwards, Yeonjun told them what Kai said. Amaris shot a quick email to Namjoon, telling him to meet Kai. He also let him know his memory was still gone. It would be another day until it was back.

Taehyun got excited. A little too excited for someone going to a funeral but he couldn't wait to see the new city. His most anticipated part was getting to see the entrances. For the life of him, the young Kang could still never figure out how to get in.

Yeonjun also stated Kai would plan everything once he wasn't drugged. They agreed it all was for the best then went back to work. Soobin finally cleared Yeonjun to do some real work which he was more than happy to do until his husband came back.

Kai left quickly. Amaris surely told whoever he needed to talk to, to expect him. He was right. Once he got down into the lab, he saw a very skinny scientist practically waiting for him. He introduced himself as Namjoon Kim along with a woman who said she was Ellie Kim, the mother. They explained they were the head scientists, comparable to the Kangs in the globe.
He wasn't sure why he had to talk to some scientists but he didn't sense any harm in their intentions.

The Kims pulled him into a distant office and he told them everything. He started with arriving at the globe all the way to what he told Yeonjun about his plan for Jungkook. Kai then asked how burials worked in the Subterranean.

Ellie explained "for us, it is a privilege to be released outside into death. Our death row prisoners are exposed to the outside to meet their deaths sooner but they will be outside nonetheless. We have a platform in the center of the city where people can gather to place plants on the body. It is laid out and at the end of the service, the ceiling opens and lifts the body outside. If we get lucky enough to have calm winds, the sunshine almost welcomes them in. It is quite beautiful."

"That sounds lovely."

Namjoon agreed. "It is actually. The bodies turn to dust due to the extensive radiation and becomes apart of the dust. They're free in the wind into death. I'm honored you choose to partake in our traditions. This will be good for everyone, especially your leaders. Are you going to lead both cities now?"

"Ask me after this drug wears off. There's a lot to consider but I am not opposed to it. I truly do have great memories here."

"He really did love you. He went about it in a fucked up way but he did. I think it would be good if you made a speech. You'd be uniting our cities until we all can figure out how to go forward."

"I will. Thank you Namjoon."

They began to talk about the progress of the adrenaline. Kai still wanted to be the first one to try it. They also discussed using the planes to spread the bacteria around the world. Tours of cities and tunnels would have to be built to connect the two.

The Kims agreed the dream was to build a second, larger dome on top of the Subterranean. Their city was nice but nothing beat the dream of staring at a crystal blue sky and stepping onto grass. The idea of the ceilings being rolled down forever was exciting. Of course they wouldn't be dismantled completely. The ceilings were mother nature proof for the next time humanity fucked itself.

Kai made sure to have their discussion documented in writing. Real talks between all of the leaders would happen after the funeral. His two worlds would merge together. In a small way, he had Jungkook to thank for that.

Namjoon sent him on his way after they discussed more about funeral preperations. Ellie insisted she would take care of everything. They just had to show up. She would make an announcement with Namjoon tonight about Jungkook's death. His and Kai's honor would remain intact with the speech, and blame would be shifted to the drug. The drug would be classified as an illegal substance and it would all boil down as an accident.

Kai rode home after giving the Kims his contact information. He assumed Yeonjun would be there but apparently he was wrong. He called him then his husband promised to be home soon. Kai asked him to bring home food as well.

Yeonjun brought home italian food and a slice of cake. The cake was the same flavor as their wedding one. It tasted as good as he remembered it.

After they ate, Kai just took the opportunity to hold his husband on the couch. They watched TV with Yeonjun in his lap. It was refreshing to know that tomorrow, this feeling of pure love, was going to remain the same.

Kai's hand slipped down Yeonjun's front and his husband got the messege loud and clear. He flipped over to fulfill his promise from this morning. His goal was to show Kai everything he had been missing. His tounge licked every sensitive spot on his husband's body. His rhythm alternated between slow and fast to drive him completely crazy.

The blonde was a wet mess underneath his husband. White dripped onto his pelvis as his body got rocked back and fourth. It was so much better with Yeonjun. The drugs told him that but he knew it was true regardless.

They finished together. The couch and their bodies were disgustingly beautiful. Kai let them rest for an hour before he started it up again. They fucked three times that night before their bodies couldn't handle it anymore.

Kai fell asleep in Yeonjun in his arms. The raven hair brushed the blonde strands away from his forehead with his fingertips. He placed a soft kiss there and on the bridge of his nose, then whispered "goodnight beautiful."

Tomorrow would be the funeral.