Chapter Three

Midas sighs, taking his laptop with himself as he turns around so he was laying on his stomach in bed. He pulls his duvet to cover most of his legs before mumbling a reply towards the screen "You know I can't come along with you guys."

Aiden lets out an exasperated groan at the other side, "Midas," he starts, tone a bit thoughtful, "I don't know if you noticed but you've been different since you know.... coming out to your Dad. I noticed you weren't really paying attention in class yesterday too. Is it that bad?" Aiden finishes hesitantly.

"He won't talk to me," The words were spoken with a regretful sigh. "Even when I greet him, he does not spare me a glance talk more of a response. I think he's disappointed in me.....no?" He pouts before saying his next words, "I have to admit I envy you a lot right now, your mum....she was so supportive and understanding when you came out. And then there's my dad, I don't know what I was thinking, I just assumed he'd be understanding, like your mom, but it didn't turn out that way and now he can't even stand the sight of me." He sighs heavily again before continuing, "I think it's only wise if I don't further complicate matters by going out clubbing...to a queer party at that. He'd be mad for the rest of his life, Aiden. I can't risk that" he finishes, shaking his head as if trying to rid it of the mere thought of what was at stake.

"Are you aware that you're always putting others before yourself?" Aiden suddenly states, "Your happiness should come first. You're not in a good mood, you obviously need this, but you're still thinking about how it would make your Dad feel. That's not how it's done, Midas. You have to put yourself first, you are nowhere near being at fault for whatever he's thinking and stop beating yourself up over who you are. You are a great person and any parent should be proud of you. You should be proud of yourself too." Aiden was met with silence afterwards, so he continues. Midas was the type to fall silent whenever he was considering something or contemplating. He just needed a little push and Aiden would be damned if he didn't give him just that instead of watching him wallow around in barely concealed misery, all downcast and moody, "Also, I checked your YouTube channel and noticed that you haven't uploaded anything in a few days. See why I think you need to get out of that bed. You need to get some fresh air, clear your head and relieve some of that stress you're carrying around. And if you're thinking about how to get past your guards, just leave that to me," Aidan assures, not missing how Midas bites his lip, still unsure. "Besides, you'll never guess who's going to be there" he continues, now with a mischievous glint in his eyes as he wrangles his brows.

"Who?" Midas asks, a small smile finally making it's way to his lips.

"Jason."

There was a brief pause, during which Midas abruptly sits back up, but not before placing a pillow behind him for support and smoothing another on his lap and sitting his laptop on it. "A- are you sure?"

Aiden rolled his eyes in response to Midas' question. "Of course, who do you think you're talking to! Besides, I might make a lot of jokes, but I'd never play a prank on you using your first crush. Believe me, he will be there." Aidan asserts and Midas lets out what sounded like a mix between a groan and a whine as he rubs his hands against his face.

"Ugh. He has no idea who I am and it's not like I'm going to just walk up to him and confess right then and there. Why should his presence even be a reason for me to go too" he says, looking down at his fingers before mumbling, "It's just a stupid crush that I've been keeping to myself since freshman year and now he's going to graduate before even knowing who I am"

Aiden lets a small, endeared smile appear on his face at his bestfriend's cute antics, "Why do I get the feeling that your heart is telling you to go but your body won't let you"

"My heart isn't saying anything right now, Aiden, except the fact that I've been an idiot, harboring a crush for so long" he says the last part in a whisper that Aiden definitely didn't miss.