Chapter Thirty-seven

It was another silent morning in Cameron's room, with the exception of shuffling as Chloe assists in laying out his work clothes and the girls helping out quietly on occasion.

Mr Jack sits to a side of a room, focused intently on something on the screen of his laptop. Now fully dressed in a brown three piece suit and some Mario Lopez suede brown loafers with tassels on his feet, Cameron turns to look over his self in the mirror, adjusting the black tie with nude flower patterns around his neck when a knock sounds at the door.

Immediately, one of Chloe's girl's goes to get the door, when she slides it open, it turned out to be Sophia on the other side. She walks in and smiles at Cameron, saying a greeting to both him and Mr Jack who nods back with a smile, now looking on at the scene in interest.

“Sorry for coming uninvited, but I had a request. I got permission to try making dinner today and I'm not sure if you will be home early, but I was hoping you would join us"

Cameron's brows raises, his expression puzzled, "Dinner?"

"Yes. I've been sitting around letting myself be waited on since I got here, and I should be going back home in a few days, so I wanted to do that atleast before I have to leave".

Cameron's features relax into one of understanding before he scratches slightly at his nape, "Well Ma'am, my schedule today is a bit-"

“Ms. Sophia, rest assured he will be joining you for dinner,” Mr. Jack finally speaks up, not letting Cameron finish his sloppy rejection. His head immediately whips toward the older man who gives him a dismissive smile.

“Oh, that’s lovely. Then I’ll see him at the dinner. You too, Sir.” Sophia finalizes and Mr Jack nods, confident.

“Certainly, Ma’am,”

She returns his smile and walks out of the room, but not before acknowledging Chloe and her girls with a smile.

“What was that about?” Cameron immediately shoots at the older man but there was no real bite behind his words so Mr Jack shrugs.

"What? I just wanted you to not have dinner alone"

Cameron purses his lips, "You know I have a meeting scheduled for 8"

The older man just shrugs again then says like it's the most obvious thing in the world, "We can just have it rescheduled"

Cameron glares at the smiling man, deciding he had no way of winning this one, he looks away.

.

“What is the deal about this dinner?” Byron asks Mr. Charles, who was standing at the other side of the table in Byron's office. The younger looked both tired and frustrated.

"She just wants to have dinner together because she’s leaving soon.” Mr Charles explains and Byron's frown deepens.

“Even so, why the dinner? Besides, didn't we already do that?" He pauses, before adding with urgency, "Cameron's going to be there, isn't he?”

“That’s a question with an obvious answer.” Mr Charles supplies with a smile and Byron groans.

"See, that's all the more reason why I shouldn't go, I don't want to eat looking at him, seeing him while eating automatically makes the food loose it's taste!"

"Ma'am Sophia likes you, I think you should go. You can just ignore him like you did last time" Byron visibly calms at the idea of Sophia taking a preference to him, feeling a little smug, but he still sighs just to be dramatic before dropping the topic.