Chapter Thirty-eight

As evening drew closer in the Smith mansion, the kitchen gets even busier as Sophia hurries around the kitchen, assisted by Luna and Chloe along with many other maids, while Ma'am Grace is left with nothing to do but supervise from a distance.

She was preparing for a large dinner, making a variety of meals, some of which included Italian spicy meatballs with noodles, Mexican brown rice baked, grilled skirt steak, sausage and spinach lasagna roll, cheesy pasta, and fried shrimp, as well as lobster tail with garlic lemon butter.

The dining table was not only filled with a long line of dishes, but also assorted wines and desserts to serve as refreshments after the meal.

“They should all be here within thirty minutes. I think you should go take a quick shower; the girls will finish up here.” Ma’am Grace, who had finished with the girls at the dining table, says to Sophia after coming to find her in the kitchen.

Sophia looks up with a smile, drying her hands, "Yes, I'm almost done here. How about Chloe and the others?”

“We will join you guys la-” The door to the main living room was opened from the outside, interrupting Chloe’s response to Sophia.

The sound of heavy footsteps prompted Luna to go out to investigate, and when she returned, she announced, “Mr. Smith and his guards are back-”

The sound of the door opening again cut her off, and Cameron’s voice rang out, confirming that he was back too, a little earlier than intended even.

“They’re all here, you see. You must leave the kitchen immediately.” Ma’am Grace says with urgency as she guides Sophia out of the kitchen with a hand on her back. Chloe, Luna, and Ava also follows after them to go get ready and when Ma’am Grace comes back from escorting Sophia, she joins the rest of the maids in cleaning up.

.

Aiden had a smile on his face as he steps out of the car. He stops to give Midas, who was sat next to Michael in the front seat, a knowing look. He soon took a step back from the car and waited for his friend, who motioned to Aiden to wait, probably wanting to have a conversation with his boyfriend, or maybe kiss him again. Aiden wriggles his brows at his friend before turning away.

“Are you sure he’s okay with it?” Michael is the first to speak, still giving Aiden who now had his back turned to the car an unsure look.

“Of course!" Midas waves dismissively, "Aiden is probably the chillest person I know, you should've seen how excited he was to find out. He just wants me to be happy"

Micheal finally smiles at that, thumbing at Midas' jaw before he mutters a silent, "I'm glad."

Midas returns the smile, his hand closing over Micheal's on his face, "How'd it go with your friends?"

"They're fine," Micheal shrugs, "I uh, I actually wanted to talk to you about that, there's an operation that I'll be needed for. It's still in the talks, and my boss would be speaking with Mr Smith soon. I'll be gone for about..... A month?"

"What?!" Midas exclaims immediately, his face falling as he did.

Micheal smiles sheepishly, "I'm the captain of a team, remember? I have to lead operations like these and it's nothing new. I should be back in a month's time, I'm certain."

Midas swallows, biting his lips as he still struggled to piece together his next words, "Wow...." He begins, sounding a little breathless, "I mean.... Yes, I'm aware of your status, it's just ..... A month, is a little......" He trails off, still unsure how to react.

Micheal's eyes softens as he pushes himself closer, taking Midas' hands, "It's unexpected, I know, Angel. I'm sorry."

Midas couldn't even force a smile as he lets his fingers be carressed by his soon to be gone boyfriend, "Will you be coming to dinner?" He finally asks and Micheal nods.