Chapter Fifty-seven

"You think we've met before?" Gina questioned, taking a seat directly in front of Iris, not minding the slight tingle of discomfort that shot up her body as she did, silently muttering cursing at the sole cause ;Byron.

"Well I'm sure we met at the clubhouse but other than that, I've seen your face elsewhere but I can't put a finger on it" She replied eagerly, wanting to get to know the other.

The two ladies who were now lounging in another large, luxuriously furnished dining room, courtesy of Cameron's large check for the reservation of course, breakfast already spread out on the table as they took in the sight of the plates in their presence containing a sizeable portion of Bacon, sausages, fresh sliced tomatoes, eggs, mushrooms and toast. Bottles of wine and a basket of exotic fruits also sat at different sides of the table as a pot of coffee and tea, should the guest prefer as soft music filled the room, easing whoever was present into a comforting sense of serenity.

"You may be right though" Gina said as she leisurely bit into a piece of toast.

"Maybe I am, I don't know exactly but I think it was in a public space....a shop? Or a clothing store?" She trailed off, still reaching into the parts of her brain where the information sat away from her reach.

"Hey, if it's a boutique then you just might be right, I run a boutique in town! Gina's clothes?" She rushed out, eyes going wide in excitement.

"OH YES THAT'S IT!" Iris almost yelled out as it finally pieced together, "my friend is a regular at that store, i was there with her the other day she had to pick out some clothes for an event! I remember catching a glimpse of your face as you walked by, I loved the dress you had on, it was so beautiful i talked Jaq's ears off about it" She giggled before continuing

"That night at the club, I was distracted by Cameron and you were busy too but I pondered it the moment I got my thoughts together. You looked oddly familiar for some reason and it's so great that I finally remembered! It was bothering me a lot" she finished, almost bouncing in her seat making Gina shake her head as she let out a little laugh.

"Oh wow, I can't believe you remembered something like that-- oh! that song" she suddenly cut herself off, mouth forming an 'O' as she recognized the new song that now filled the room.

"You know that song?"

"Yes it's my favourite!! It's You by Ali gate!" She said ,eyes beaming as she easily fell into the tunes of the song starting to sing along as a habit.
🎶It's you
It's always you
If I'm ever gonna fall in love
I know it's gon' be you
It's you
It's always you
Met a lot of people
But nobody feels like you
So, please don't break my heart
Don't tear me apart
I know how it starts
Trust me I've been broken before
Don't break me again
I am delicate
Please don't break my heart
Trust me I've been broken before
I've been broken, yeah
I know how it feels
To be open
And then find out your love isn't real
I'm still hurting, yeah
I'm hurting inside
I'm so scared to fall in love
But if it's you then I'll try
It's you
It's always you
If I'm ever gonna fall in love
I know it's gon' be you
It's you
It's always you
Met a lot of people
But nobody feels like you 🎶

"It's really my favourite song" She stated as she completed the lyrics, every sound on time as she competed with the artist in a perfect delivery.

"And it's so obvious" Iris replied as she had just watched her pour her heart out in the form of the song.

"You see... It's such a beautiful song and I relate to it so much, I often feel like it was made for me, every word and lyric sounds like it's talking to me. I always feel like the song was for me, I've gone through a whole lot in relationships and Honestly, if I never met Byron, if he never found me, I'd have lost all hopes in love. I know he always goes on about how i changed him ,but to me, he's like an anchor, he changed me too, made me see and understand things I'd never have opened up to, I mean, I was never one to believe that love is love, I would never have never considered that it doesn't care about age, and never will it care about gender, that 'Love is Love' term did not resonate with me before i met him but now, i know, feel and learnt that it's really is......love is just....love it doesn't have a different definition, When you're in love, you're in love" She finalises with a smile coating her features.