Chapter Ten

The clicking sounds from the keyboards accompanies the buzzing of the printers and hurried movement of shoe soles on tile, as everyone in the office, including Iris busies themselves with one thing or another, performing their duties with very much required efficiency.

Silence slowly replaces the bustle as some of the staff hurriedly taps at the others, who weren't already alerted by the loud click clack of heels, bringing their attention to the new entry.

Red eye catching dinner gown, long flowy hair and a matching set of glimmering jewelry that was sure to grasp anybody's attention. The model walked with an aura that demanded attention and sure that she's gotten it, she occasionally waves at some of the star struck office staff.

"Woah, is that...Lira?" One of the female staff asks to another who gasps at the question before replying almost immediately.

"Of course that's the supermodel Lira! Ugh, that question just reminded me about how new here you really are" the lady giggles, and Iris, who was also new, couldn't help as she asks.

"Is she....a regular here? Does she have any business arrangements with the boss?"

The lady actually laughs this time but Iris couldn't even find it in herself to be offended, "Business arrangement, yeah right. I guess you could call it that since they're going to be having an arranged marriage."

Her lips forms an 'o' at that before she nods, "Oh, I see", silently going back to her work.

.

Lira pushes the door to Cameron’s office open without so much as a knock -a very upsetting habit she had, in Cameron's opinion, and smiles as her fiance's hard eyes finds hers. He seemed to have been discussing with Mr Jack, but now, she had their attention.

“Hello, Mr. Jack,” She greets loudly with familiarity as she approaches the table.

“Welcome back, Miss” Mr. Jack replies with a curt nod before excusing himself and she sighs in content, turning her attention back to Cameron after having watched him leave.

“What brings you here?” Cameron asks almost immediately and she pouts at his dismissive tone.

“What kind of a question is that? We last saw each other more than a few weeks ago, and I missed you, which is why I’m here not even up to a day since I arrived back in the country. Why? Didn’t you miss me?” Her tone was gentle, even as the man before her seemed to be struggling to keep his expression collected.

"This is my workplace, Lira. And it is working hours. I believe I have made it known, my stance about visiting during work hours, especially without so much as a call as notice" Cameron supplies and her expression finally sours.

"Geez, calm down, Cameron. Why should I be wasting my time with a call when I know your response is not going to be something encouraging anyways. Besides, why would I need permission to come see my fiance?" She argues back and he scoffs, muttering the word 'Fiancé' under his breath.

"That arrangement is between you and my father and I have made it known that I want nothing to do with it"

“What exactly do you mean by that, Cameron? And do you know how rude you're being?” She questions, visibly growing irritated.

“We’ve known each other for over six years, Lira, so I’m assuming you’re familiar with the way I speak. You should know by now that I don’t beat around the bush and I always speak directly and clearly. I’ve told you that we do not match and I don't want this. So why do you keep pushing it!”

“Because I love you and I will make you love me!” She cries out. Cameron sighs.

"That is not how it works, Lira. The feelings just aren't there and they're not just going to magically spawn out of nothing. The earlier you accept that fact, the better it would be for both of us" he explains gently this time, hoping to get to her but she just rolls her eyes and begins to walk closer.