Chapter Twenty-four

"The files, Sir" Byron hums wordlessly as he senses his secretary drop something on his table.

Despite himself, Byron actually was immersed in work as he reads over something on his computer screen with furrowed brows. He finally raises his head on still sensing her presence after she'd dropped what she supposedly had come for.

"Woah, what are you doing?" He questions, belatedly realizing the stupidity behind his own question on seeing the confusion on his secretary's face. Of course she'd thought it normal to undress in his presence when she had been his usual source of 'entertainment' earlier into starting at the office.

She stares at him, fingers stopping at the button just below her now exposed bra. "What do you mean, boss? I thought it weird that you hadn't called me over in a while, so I figured the stress must've been really getting to you" she says, tone sultry and when Byron continues to watch wordlessly, she takes it as a go-ahead and begins to edge closer. She moves around the table, finger dragging over it, hips swaying with every step.

Byron had always been a fan of boobs, so it was not unusual for him to immediately bury his face against them whenever she gets close enough. What was unusual though, was how he swallows, fingers balling into fists instead of going around her waist as she takes a seat on his sturdy thighs.

"Please, get off" he finally croaks out, sending her reeling with the shock. She pauses, a frown making it's way on her face as she whispers a confused, "What?"

"I said, get off me!" He repeats, firmer this time, face blank.

She still blinks, confused at the sudden change as she stumbles off his laps, taking several steps away at his hardened demeanor. Byron realizes she must've been startled at both his words and actions, so just gets on his feet and stands in front of her.

"I understand that we had a thing going on and that it was mutual while it lasted, but I am putting an end to it, right now. And if you want to keep your job, I would advise that this doesn't repeat itself again. Understood?" She continues to stare at him, mouth agape.

Byron brushes a finger under his nose, growing annoyed at the lack of response, "You may leave" she remains unmoving, "RIGHT NOW!" he finally barks, loosing his last string of patience and she seems to snap out of it at that. She runs out of the office with a hand over her mouth and Byron rolls his eyes at the dramatic display before going back to his seat. He sinks into it, sighing heavily and looking up at nothing in particular.

.

Mr. Smith is escorted into the hospital with Mr. Frederick in front and eight other suited men behind, arranged in two columns with four in opposite sides. Midas and Aiden follows closely behind, twelve men behind them arranged in two columns too. The unusual sight attracts attention as a number of onlookers quickly grows. People whisper to themselves, pointing at either the oldest Smith or where Midas stood next to Aiden. The surprised gasps could be heard as some pull out their phones.

"Oh my gosh, is that THE William Smith?!"

"What is he doing here!"

"Look, I think that's one of his sons!"

The murmurs follow after them till they get to the elevators, it took a total of three different ones to occupy them all. When it dinged open, Aiden was in front, he practically runs into the private room where his mother was admitted in.

In front of the room, Mr Fredrick orders the guards to take their positions and remain there while the oldest Smith enters with Midas behind him and lastly Mr Fredrick.

"Mum!" Aiden calls loudly, the nurse who had just helped the woman on the bed pull her shirt back on after dressing her wounded shoulder, immediately turns around to shush the excited boy.