Chapter Fifty-nine

Byron took in his surroundings as he stepped into the fancily lit up clubhouse, eyes scanning each face before squaring in on the familiar one he was here for.

Flashing him a cool smile as he ambled up the stairs that led to the expensive VIP table where his best bud, Henry was sat, Henry returning the smile as he got up to take Byron's hand, shaking it before pulling him into a friendly hug as they both gestured the other to have a seat.

"Hey man, why did you refuse to come here when I first made mention of it" Henry immediately struck a conversation, leisurely pouring a bottle of wine into two already laid out wine glasses, handing one to his friend.

"Nothing...I just wasn't feeling like it" He replied, downing his wine in one go.

"Even knowing it's Tiffany's birthday party?" Henry questioned, earning a blank look from his friend.

"Why are you making it sound like it's that big of a deal?"

"Because she's important to you, isn't she?"

"Henry, we are going to have a problem if you keep talking about Tiffany and like that, anyone could get the wrong impression". He ended firmly.

"Fine" An eye roll from Henry, "So, why did you keep refusing all my requests to join us at the club". He continued to press on, leaning back into the soft chair.

"Look, Henry, I am a busy person, you should know that by now"

"Yeah and so am I but you don't see me making everything about work, where's the time to loosen up and have some fun like we always do?"

"You are not getting my point, I'm saying this is no longer my kind of scene anymore, I'm no longer that Byron from before, besides, I'm too busy to hang out with girls when I have my own woman and an actively piling workload at the office" He sighed, massaging the space between his eyebrows, already feeling a headache from the direction this conversation was taking.

"Woah! A woman?  Don't tell, the one from the other night?" He exaggerated, almost jumping out of his seat.

"Yes, her." He cooly replied, pouring himself another glass.

"Are you really serious with her? I thought you just went to have one of your usual nights of fun"

"Well, it was fun, one thing led to another and now I'm in love" he half chuckled, twirling the glass in his hand, the liquid in it making slow swirly movements.

"Well damn, if you had told me about it earlier, I wouldn't have been so keen on getting you here"

"Nah, that's fine, I should come anyway cause it's Tiffany. Where is she anyways?" He inquired, now looking around to try and catch a glimpse of her.

"She should be around here somewhere with her friends' ' Henry replied, mimicking Byron's action, eyes searching "oh look! There she is''. He exclaimed. Byron followed his line of sight just in time to see said lady strutting into the VIP space, her equally dolled up friends hot on her heels. As the girls took seats around Henry's while Tiffany paid no mind to her surroundings as she sauntered closer, eyes fixed on Byron, leaning down to capture his lips in a kiss, missing as he sank deeper into his seat, dodging the advances, watching her previously smiley face twist into one of confusion and almost immediately morphing into a frown.

"Okay, what is up with you, Byron? I noticed this the last time we met too, you're not like this before so what is going on?" She huffed out, unable to hide her rapidly growing anger.

"Tiffany, can we talk outside for a moment, please? I don't want to create a scene here" He replied calmly, rising up from his seat and walking towards the entrance of the clubhouse.

Tiffany hesitated for a bit, feet still grounded as she tried to process what had just happened, watching his retreating back before deciding to join him as he'd requested.