Chapter Fifty One

Walking into the luxurious halls of Smiths Inc. On a bright Monday morning,Cameron, escorted by Mr
Jack,strolled in a peaceful silence until the latter cleared his throat and said ; "Miss Iris won't be clocking into the office today, she's taking the day off, I apologize for the short notice"
Successfully catching Cameron's attention as he halted in his steps and turned swiftly to the older man.

"What? Why?" Cameron inquired curiously.

"She called in sick" came the response.

"And why am I just knowing this, Mr Jack?" He asked, voice sounding angrier than he intended.

"Her message came in late last night,I also missed you during breakfast" Answered Mr Jack, ever the calm and collected man he is.

Cameron took a moment trying to figure out what could've happened and after a couple of seconds, he
spoke to Mr Jack who had been waiting a couple of steps behind him.

"Clear out my schedule for today" was all he said as he turned to leave,a little too abruptly for the older man to process.

"What? Clear out?! I've been informed you have important meetings lined up for today,Sir" came Mr Jack's voice unable to hide his surprised tone.

"This is......also important, Please" He said firmly as he approached his car and motioned to receive the keys from the guard acting as a valet.

"Throw the car keys" was all he said before it came flying right into his palm,he disregarded the guard that tried to get the door and opened it himself, hastily getting into his car, and drove out of the parking space with the heavy acceleration bouncing off the sensitive walls of the lot.

.
"You don't plan on getting out of bed today,do you?" Jacqueline questioned a burritoed up Iris, staring at the ceiling like it was the most interesting thing she's seen in a while.

"I knew it'd get to this,I knew it and that was why I asked questions that day" Jacqueline stated, shaking her head as she approached Iris's dressing mirror to apply some makeup.

"Knew what?" Iris, who had now started off on her mission to unwrap herself from the pile of blankets,asked her friend who was currently putting on a cherry coloured lipstick.

Jacqueline stopped in the middle of pouting to turn to her friend on the bed and sighed.

"Iris, to be honest, I think you know your Boss's feelings are not one sided. I know these feelings are new to you and it's overwhelming to try to make sense of it. But as someone who's been through this before, I feel like I have to put it out to you that you are in love with him" Jacqueline explained as encouragingly as she could.

Iris looked lost for a moment before successfully sitting up on her bed,looking back at her friend who was waiting for a response from her.

"But Jacqueline,I...I told you, he's engaged" She muttered, unsure.

"Mhm, that does not rule out the probability of him being caught in an unhappy engagement and actually wanting you" Jacqueline said.

"But there's no way my Boss will choose me over his fiancee, She's like a super pretty, big shot model" Her eyes are slightly downcast,as she stated each word softly.

"Who cares about that? So what if she's a popular model or super pretty? Iris, you are beautiful in your own way. Besides, the heart wants what it wants,model or not. He's at fault here for not being straightforward. I mean,you can not just kiss a person and dip when it comes down to giving an answer to a question, that could've very much explained the kiss might I add" Jacqueline said all in one breath now growing exasperated.