Chapter Twenty-Nine

Midas trudges out of his room and into the dinning area to find Ava and her girl, both seemingly in a quiet conversation until his presence was made known.

On seeing Midas, Ava asks with her brows raised in question, "Have you seen Micheal anywhere?"

"He left for the gym" Midas replies, scratching slightly at his stomach while Ava makes a sound of understanding.

"Well, breakfast should be here shortly. Would you like to go anywhere after we're done?" Midas' nose scrunches at that, he shakes his head.

"I'm going to just stay in today, not feeling like it yet" he explains, Ava looked a little disappointed as she said.

"Lizzy and I were making plans to go out and sightsee later tonight. Would you like to come?"

Midas shakes his head again, "Don't worry about it Ava, go have fun, I'll be good here"

"Are you sure you'll be okay without us here?"

Midas makes a loud 'pfft' sound at that, "What am I, Fifteen?" He laughs, dismissing her worries with waving hands, "I'm sure I can take care of myself for a while, Ava. Besides, you're here to have fun, not babysit. Go let loose, Micheal probably doesn't have to go anywhere too so you don't have to worry about me getting kidnapped or something" he jokes and Ava finally smiles at that.

"You're a gem," Ava coos softly and Midas grins, silly smile on his face as he whispers, "I know~"

.

Midas remains in the room for most of the day, until when it was dinner time, immediately after which Ava and the girl he now knew to be Lizzy had left, with Ava, of course, getting Micheal to reluctantly agree to keep the younger company.

Midas swings his legs, bored out of his mind as Micheal just continues to stare at the screen, at the movie they had on. He almost had no expression throughout the whole thing and Midas, at one point, doubts he was even watching the movie at all.

On noticing the younger's restlessness, Micheal spares him a glance before asking, "Do you want to go take a walk outside, get some fresh air?" He offers, chalking Midas' restlessness up to the fact that he had been cooped up in the suite all day, but the younger shakes his head no.

Suddenly sitting up straight, Midas grabs a pillow and places it on his thighs, "I heard you were a Captain....in the army" he begins.

Micheal looks taken aback by the sudden curiousity, but he answers nonetheless, "Yes"

"Wow" Midas exclaims, although it sounded more thoughtful than excited, Micheal didn't have to ask why that was because the younger was already continuing, "It's still so crazy to me that Dad would go as far as a whole soldier"

Micheal turns to face him before replying, "Your safety is a priority to him, I'm sure" he says.

Midas smiles before he says, "Sure, he's like that with all of us" Micheal simply hums even though he looked like he'd been paying attention.

"Are you an only child?" He presses on almost immediately, not wanting Micheal to go back to being silent after that hum.

"No. I have an older sister"

"Ah" Midas nods, not at all discouraged by the short answers, "What about your parents?" He notices Micheal hesitates at that and he smiles sheepishly.

"I'm sorry. I'm asking too many questions" he apologizes, thinking it to be a touchy subject. Micheal shakes his head with his eyes closed, he didn't think the younger was prying, he just wasn't sure how to say it so that Midas' mood wouldn't sour at the mention of where his parents are. When he opens them he says, "It's no bother. It's understandable that you want to know more about me. My parents are late" he suddenly adds nonchalantly, causing Midas to still from the shock.