Chapter 31

In the sparkling sea of sadness, I stood up waving the sky for bringing home my victory again. I'm always like this ever since I tried to go near the shore, swim and trying to the fish. The more I aged, the more I kept loving the sky, I was always waving the clouds hoping my family from heaven would see me.

I walked to the shore; exhausted, I laid down on a bed of sands. I didn't mind I could get dirty again from laying on the sands, I just wanted to looked at the skies without worries. Going back home, pile of laundries made my anxiety go back again.

I closed my eyes, feeling the felicities brought by the nature that surrounded me. This was home. I never felt proud calling this place my home. Utah became my home for nine years. I grew up being bliss every time. My grandmother never let me wandered in my dreadful thoughts. She helped me grew as a woman who I wanted to be. And for the first time in my entire life, I was freed from chains of tyranny of my past.

"Lisa!"

I was supposed to entered into the dreamland when someone called me. I pushed my self up, sitting, I rested my eyes on the tanned woman who's half-running towards me. Hally was my best buddy since I moved with my grandmother in Salt Lake City. Her parents were divorced but they're on good terms. Hally had a black of a father and her Mom was a white woman. That's why her color wasn't either both of his parents had. She's tan.

"Hey." Calling her attention.

"Ha! Thought I'd never see you here. You came here alone again huh, did you catch something again this time?" Raising her eyebrow, she said.

I slapped her butt and frowned. "Nah, luck is not on my side today. Would you like to swim? The water is cold today because of the breeze. But you know I like chasing the wave especially at a time like this." I joked.

She rolled her eyes. "Stubborn bitch." she murmured. I laughed. "Anywaysss, I came here because I brought my daily report to you." she said mixing with her fake British accent, last night we watched Harry Potter. It was my first time to watch to watch the eight movies of it, back then, I was only reading the books, secretly,afraid Matron might caught me. Eventually, I bought all books of Harry Potter and I finally finished reading it. It was worth it.

"What is it again this time?" Hally and her daily reports, she's never get tired of telling awkward news to me, the last time she told me was about her ex-boyfriend, having sex with his cousin and that's the most gruesome story I ever heard from her. That ex of him was engaging incestuous relationship with his fucking cousin.

"This isn't about my ex-boyfriend anymore. Well it's about time I'd tell you about my plan in New York. My agency called me and you know there's an offer for me that I would never refuse sooo..."

I chuckled. "That's a great news mate. I know how much you wanted to fly so high, but make sure you'd send me Celine and Chanel next time we met."

She bumped her fist on my arm. It was hurt but the black babe just laughed at me. I rolled my eyes. I bent over to grabbed my oversized t-shirt. I was wearing a yellow bikini. I grabbed my knapsack.

"Lisa you lying bitch! I thought you're going to stay here?!"

"Did I say something?" I teased before storming out of her sight. I was laughing until I ran to my old friend— my grandmother's old Bentley.

Sumakay ako sa Bentley pagkatapos ay iniwan na si Hally. Hally brought her car, besides I knew she wanted to stay in the beach because she wanted to see her new boyfriend. I smirked. Bahala na siya doon. I went home after ten minutes drive. It was still two in the afternoon, I went to the beach ten in the morning.

Hinubad ko ang maruming t-shirt ko, leaving my bikini on. I took a cold shower before I went inside of my room. This house of mine was my first investment. What I did for living was enough for myself. Since then, wala akong pera tinanggap mula kay Brandon o maging sino sa kanila. I didn't contact with them too because they just did their job to make me miserable.