Turnabout A Cappella ~ 5 ~ Lily

March 2nd 9:59AM
District Court - Defendant Lobby no 1

(I've been waiting here for absolutely ages...
Even Alex is getting restless!
Where is Mr Amaya?)

"S-So...everything is going to be fine...right...?" Alex was trembling. I kinda felt sorry for the poor kid.

"Everything will be absolutely fine!" I put on a brave smile. "Hey, how about you sing a song to keep you calm?"

"A s-song...right..." Alex cleared his throat and started to mutter to himself.
"♪When tomorrow comes...I'll be on my own...♪"

"L-Lily-!"
Mr Amaya burst into the defendant lobby, panting. He clearly was out of breath...

"♪...feeling frightened of...the things that I don't know...♪"

"Where were you?!" I crossed my arms. "For I would've known, you could've decided to abandon me!"
(Alex, this isn't the time to be singing right now-)

"♪...when tomorrow comes...tomorrow comes...tomorrow comes...♪"

"Hey...you gotta...listen to me..." Sky leaned against the wall, panting. "You...you're brother won't be the Prosecutor today...in fact, I'll be surprised if the trial...even goes ahead today..."

"♪...and though the road is long...I look up to the sky...♪"

"W-What do you me-?!" I paused for a second.

Robbie? Not the Prosecutor for today?

"Why isn't Robbie going to be the Prosecutor for today?! And what do you mean 'I'll be surprised if the trial even goes ahead today?!'"

"♪...in the dark I found, I stop and I won't fly...and I sing along, I sing along, and then I sing along...♪"

"...I..." Sky hesitated. "...I can't tell you that...sorry..."

I gave out a slight gasp.

It was right there.

I could see them.

Five red psyche-locks.

"♪...I got all I need when I got you and I...I look around me, and see a sweet life...♪"

"Defence! I am afraid the..er...trial will be...delayed..." The bailiff announced.

"♪...I'm stuck in the dark but you're my flashlight...you're gettin' me, gettin' me through the night...♪"

"DELAYED?!" I shouted (I tend to shout sometimes, okay?). "WHY?!"

The bailiff tugged his collar. "There's been a uh...incident...b-but anyway, just hold tight unt-"

"WHY WILL NO ONE TELL ME
WHAT'S GOING ON?!" I stomped my feet.

"♪...Can't stop my heart when you shinin' in my eyes...can't lie, it's a sweet life...♪"

"Lily, you need to calm down..." Sky rubbed his forehead. "Maybe you should take this chance to look through the court record again...?"

"♪...I'm stuck in the dark but you're my flashlight...you're gettin' me, gettin' me through the night...♪"

Sky pointed to Alex and mouthed a what-on-earth-is-he-doing? To me.

I shrugged my shoulders in reply.

"♪...cause you're my flashlight...you're my flashlight, you're my flashlight...♪"

March 2nd 10:04AM
District Court - Prosecution Lobby no 2