Turnabout Unmasked ~ 5 ~ Wood

- March 20th, 1:11PM -
- Prosecutor's Office -

I waited outside Prosecutor Lin's Office for Chrysalis and her brother to show up. Prosecutor Shield had wondered off with some weird people, and I didn't really wanna go home, so... here I am.

Prosecutor Lin was a newbie that Chief Prosecutor Bespoke had recently hired. Apparently that interview featured nothing but watching Steel Samurai... or so I heard.

She was always nice to me, right from the start. I guess you could say she was sorta like a mother to me, even though I'd never admit it to her face.

I must've been waiting for at least ten minutes before she showed up. She looked slightly flustered, carrying a bunch of case files under her arm. Smiling, I rushed up to her and offered to help.

"Oh, thanks, Niamh!" Prosecutor Lin beamed at me. "You didn't have to do that, though. Even if I'm picking up the backlog of cases left behind by the Chief Prosecutor..."

"He left you with all of his cases?" I asked her, "But... why? Surely he'd at least give half of them to someone else."

"We handled all of his cases together." She explained, "Well... they were more... our cases, if we were both handling them. He's so sweet to me, even if I haven't had much experience!"

"That's so sweet... you must miss him." I sighed - I was the same. The Chief Prosecutor always made sure I had something to do, small or big. Without him, I had no idea of what to do all day.

Prosecutor Lin glanced down the hallway towards his office, the crime scene. "Yeah, I really do... it's weird, though. I've only known the guy for a couple of weeks, yet I don't feel the same without him."

We heard a chuckle from behind us and swivelled around. It was one of the detectives of the investigation, Detective Stanhope.

"Sorry, I couldn't resist." She said with a smile, "It sounds like you really like him, love. I hope he feels the same way about you."

"Of course he does!" Prosecutor Lin grinned. "He's Ghastly! He could never hurt a fly!"

"Aren't you supposed to be guarding the crime scene, Detective?" I asked her. "I know Detective Erikson had some... stomach issues last time..."

"Oh, he's just on the phone to his daughter!" Detective Stanhope said with a smile. "She's getting ready to come home, and he couldn't be happier. However, she did hear about his sickness bug... so I quickly fled the room before he begged me to help him out."

"He has a daughter?!" Prosecutor Lin's face perked up in excitement. "Niamh, you have to tell me everything about her later! We have to throw a party...!"

Detective Stanhope's eyes raised in alarm as she quickly tried to change the subject. "U-Um, actually... there's another thing I wanted to ask about, Prosecutor Lin... since you're related to Chrysalis..."

"Oh, it's not about our surnames, is it?" Prosecutor Lin rolled her eyes, as if she'd answered the question many times before. "It's really not a big deal, you know..."

"No, it's not about that-!" Detective Stanhope exclaimed, "I just wanted to ask if you can do spirit channeling, just like your sister..."