The Despairing Turnabout ~ 5 ~ Felicity

I crossed my arms and grumbled. I told Sky that he wasn't well enough to testify, but he just wouldn't listen! And I get called the stupid one!

Luco, who was sitting next to me in the gallery, opened his mouth to say something. But I held my hand over his mouth and listened to the trial.

- WITNESS TESTIMONY -
- WHAT I SAW -

- "I was talking to...um, the victim before we heard somebody enter the room behind us."

- "I turned around to see who it was, when..."

- "Said figure whacked me on the head - hard!"

- "My vision was too much of a blur to see who it was, but..."

- "If you want, I could see if I could remember anything else...?"

Poor Sky! He was only catching up with aca-nerds! This cinnamon roll didn't deserve this!!

"Cotoli, don't press Sky too hard, okay?" I heard Chrissy whisper. "He's kinda injured..."

"Would the defence please begin their cross-examination?" The Judge asked. I liked his chair that he was sitting on. Maybe I can convince Sky later to get me one.

"Certainly, Your Honour." Coolio seemed to be focusing really hard. On that defence bench, I mean. I wouldn't blame him. It was shiny.

- CROSS-EXAMINATION -
- WHAT I SAW -

.....

- "If you want, I could see if I could remember anything else...?"

*HOLD IT!*

"Do you remember any details before you passed out?" Coolio asked Sky softly. "Even if it's just a little detail."

"Um..." Sky rubbed his head. As if in deep thought.

Whilst he was thinking, I glanced over at the Prosecution to find Boom-Bloom being occupied by the cute little cinnamon bun next to her, who was cutting out the circulation in her arm. Huh. I wondered why they hadn't said anything yet.

"Well, I think...I think there's one thing..." Sky continued, not looking too certain.

"Take your time." Chrissy urged him on.

"I remember hearing something shattering on the floor." Sky began. "It might've been glass, come to think of it..."

"Prosecutor Bloom, out of curiosity, did they find anything glass-like at the crime scene?" His Honour asked the Prosecution. Boom-Bloom looked up immediately and sighed.

"I've heard nothing from the forensic team, and I've had nobody come tell me about anything..." She paused for a second, as if thinking. "I'll send someone to double-check, though."

"The defence has a theory." Coolio suddenly blurted out of nowhere. "What if, the culprit took the thing that shattered with them? They wouldn't want to leave any incriminating evidence behind, after all."

*OBJECTION!*

"And what do you suppose said thing is?" Boom-Bloom yelled (which made the blond boy flinch). "What could be so important that the culprit had to take with them?"