Sins of the Father

The New Batman Adventures 'Fan Fiction Love Story'

By Tayla Drago

Episode #86 – Sins of the Father

In the middle of the night in Gotham City, a young boy is being hotly pursued by an elderly police officer that demands the lad return his donuts. With a keen mind and a display of acrobatics, the boy vaults himself onto a fire escape; however, the window to the apartment is firmly sealed, to the officer's glee. Yet, the little one has one more trick up his sleeve: a Batarang. He wields it with a marksmanship that displays it isn't the first time he's thrown one of them before and manages to get the cop all wrapped up in somebody's clothesline, allowing him to make his getaway. Megan hears something going on and goes see it for herself.

"Huh? What's up with this cop?" she helps him out. "Hey, are you chasing someone?"

"Ah! Oh, thank you, Megan, and yes, I was. He got away from me again."

This was news to her to hear the rest about this sneaky thief.

"Got away from you again? Who?" Megan asked.

"Some boy who lives alone and steals things to stay alive, at least I think so. He just took my box of donuts." the officer explains. "I'm worried about his safety too, rumor has it of a bad gang to be going around of a boss that two bounties name Manny and Mo who work for some random guy, whoever he is."

Megan has heard about the two who are most wanted on her list to go after, but who was the master mind? Worried about the boy's safety, she takes off to tell the cop this before leaving...

"Ah...I'll handle it and the boy, leave it to me, sir!" she then gives Bruce/Batman a call from her belt. "Yo, Bruce, it's me. There's something I need to tell you right away."

It's cool that Megan's other gear but the computer book, watch, belt, and gun were all updated thanks to her boyfriend's help. Somewhere across town, thugs Manny and Mo are banging on an apartment door demanding 'Drake' to come out and go talk to their boss. When no one answers, they pull out their guns and kick down the door. The place is an absolute mess, and to their surprise – and disbelief – there is a small collection of Batman stories and pictures affixed to the wall in a sort of collage. Just then, the window opens and in creeps the same boy who was being chased by the police. One of the thugs grabs him by the scruff of his neck and inquires where his father is. The resourceful and feisty boy makes his escape using the donuts and some ingenuity with a banister and a floor mat. The guys open fire, unloading no fewer than ten rounds, but all without so much as nicking the boy. Just when it appears that he'll be home free yet again, he runs right into Two-Face. They take the boy to the docks to interrogate him. After a few moments, it becomes clear that they won't get any direct answers, so Two-Face orders a search of his possessions.

"He stole something from me." he said.

For Tim was acting tough against Two-Face.

"Your charming, good looks?"

One of the thugs finds a letter to 'Timmy' saying that he must leave town. Enclosed with the letter is a key. Recognizing it, Two-Face puts it in his jacket pocket and walks away. As he's departing, one of his men asks what they should do with Tim, to which – naturally – he flips his coin and orders them to kill him. Before that can happen, a pair of Batarangs whiz through the air knocking the guns from their hands. Enter Batman. And fire guns as well for Megan to show up with her boyfriend.

"Get them!" Two-Face order his men to.

Manny and Mo attack Batman and Megan for them using their fighting skills to stop Two-Face's thugs, for a fight ensues! The quick-thinking Tim manages to free himself from his bondage, but not in time to help Batman, who gets bashed with a crane's massive hook, sent his way by Two-Face.