Mean Seasons

The New Batman Adventures 'Fan Fiction Love Story'

By Tayla Drago

Episode #113 – Mean Seasons

At the Spring Fashion Show, Donna Day of Donna Day Fashions presents her new fashion line.

"Isn't it lovely?" said Zaftig lady "I've got to buy one."

For the man doesn't get to ask the lady this question next...

"For whom?" she hits him. "What did I do?"

As the show progresses, a mysterious woman dressed in green, wearing a featureless white mask, appears with three muscular male henchmen.

"Beware the Ides of March." Disrupting the event with a smoke bomb, she and her henchman kidnap Donna Day and escape, leaving behind a calendar page. "Sorry, but you and I have a date with destiny...your destiny."

Megan sees this to alert Bruce/Batman about it right away while trying to get herself some nice clothes 'since she needed some new ones'.

"(A craze woman and some nice-looking men kidnapping a fashion designer person? Hmm...How odd.)" she calls up her boyfriend. "Yo, Bruce, you won't believe on what just went down today."

She tells Bruce everything that was going on. Later, in giving a statement to the press, Detective Harvey Bullock inadvertently dubs the new villainess 'Calendar Girl'.

"Seems that this Calendar Girl days' are numbered." Bullock tells the press about it. "Megan, you think you can lend me a hand on this one. I wish for you and me only instead of your so call boyfriend." Megan hits him on the head. "Ow! What did I do?"

"Look, Bullock, I love clothes. Just not the ones to go buying random types for nothing. But since Calendar Girl is most wanted with a nice bounty, I'm in. And be nice to Batman!" Megan takes off. "I need to go help out Bruce first so please excuse me."

Bullock had one thing to say to Megan.

"I rather have you modeling than this other female taking over."

"Sweet, but flattery will get you nowhere." she leaves.

Later that day for Megan to go pick up Bruce Wayne, as he meets with Lucius Fox 'surprising to know about Bruce Wayne was Batman' to discuss the new production specifications for Gotham Motors, and the auto show that Bruce Wayne is to attend later that night. On his way out, Lucius reminds Bruce about the upcoming retirement dinner for senior manager Bernie Benson. Bruce responds by saying he thought that the manager was younger and expresses surprise at the retirement. That night, Bruce is being driven to the auto show by Alfred and Megan 'acting like she was guarding him from the back seat'.

"The nerve of some people saying how old they can be to not work anymore." he said.

"Kind of unfair really, Alfred, and you work great for your normal age." Megan commented Alfred. "I have to agree with you."

Upon pulling up to the convention center, Alfred comments that some thoughtless person has sparked a van right in front not giving him a place to park.

"Please excuse me, Sir and Madame. I have to go around."

Both Megan and Bruce immediately realize something is wrong and Bruce orders Alfred to drop him off elsewhere so that he can change into Batman.

"Hey, Bruce."

He was aware on what Megan told him about lately.

"I see it, Megan. I'll meet you at the back. Alfred, I think I need to make a stop to go somewhere private for a bit." he said to his butler.