Growing Pains

The New Batman Adventures 'Fan Fiction Love Story'

By Tayla Drago

Episode #100 – Growing Pains

All the way to 100 here so far for me, you know? Also, this takes place before episode 2 and then episode 1. A girl is walking out on the streets alone and frightened, when she catches the attention of a violent street gang. They surround her, until Robin steps in. He defeats the gang, and when he turns to check on the girl, she tells him that she can't remember anything, and that she must keep moving, then runs off in a panic. He chases after her but is interrupted by the Bat-Signal and Megan calls him from her belt.

"Yo, Tim, where are you?" she asks him. "Bruce wants us to meet him at the Gotham's police station right away. We got ourselves another criminal to hunt for."

He had no choice but the go there.

"On my way..."

"Okay? See you there, I guess." Megan was confused. "(What's with Tim this time?)"

I bet Tim/Robin really likes this mysterious girl. He then goes to Commissioner Gordon's office. Robin, having affection for the girl, is daydreaming about her while Gordon tells Batman and Megan that there is a new criminal in Gotham, a gigantic man with superhuman strength, possibly chemically induced.

"Now this is an odd person with the power of an ape, ten times more even. We have this shot from the last robbery this person did. Megan, you might want to hack into this one."

And she does.

"I'm on it."

Gordon then shows Batman, Megan, and Robin the footage of the man, pausing it at one point, where it shows that the man has blank-white eyes.

"Look at those eyes." he shows them. "I never seen anything like that."

"Neither have I." Megan was shaking to have a headache all of a sudden.

"What's wrong?" Batman helps his girlfriend out.

"I...I don't know... (That was weird...)" Megan was lost. "I only get these headaches when I have a bad feeling about something. But this, I don't know why this man is one of them. Also, he's not on the most wanted list for a bounty hunt. I checked twice and got nothing."

He is a stranger to Gordon, Megan, and Batman, but Gordon warns him that he is very dangerous.

"Whatever he is, this is new and very dangerous to be on the run." said Batman.

"What luck."

Robin said out of nowhere.

"What?" Gordon was lost.

"Nothing...just a girl I saved today."

And for Robin to be in love with for Megan could already tell.

"Teenagers. I'm glad my Barbara is past her wild years."

Robin tells Batman and Megan about the incident with the girl, but Batman says that it's more important for them to keep their eyes open for this new criminal.

"And then she ran out. She looks like she was running away from danger." Robin explained. "It's so weird."

"Looks like someone's in love." Megan teases Robin.

"Megan!" he gets shy.

"She must be a run away. No family, she needs to be in a foster home. But right now, finding the unknown criminal comes first." Batman tells Robin. "You better make sure no matter what happens, one thing is better to deal with first."