Cult of the Cat

The New Batman Adventures 'Fan Fiction Love Story'

By Tayla Drago

Episode #117 - Cult of the Cat

Catwoman races through the hedge maze of an estate and looks at a golden statuette of a cat that she has stolen. She is pursued by several individuals wearing cat costumes wielding swords and claws. She runs into a large black cat, but she can sweet-talk it into liking her and runs off. The pursuers go after her, but the jungle cat turns on them and chases them off. However, the leader of the cult orders his men to get Catwoman, no matter what it takes.

"Find her...By any means." said the leader.

The pursuit of Catwoman goes off the grounds of the estate and into the streets of Gotham. Feeling that she's been caught Catwoman offers to simply give back the statue but is told that the statue has been tainted and only her blood will sanctify it.

"Look, boys, fun was fun, but I'm tired." she hands them back the statue. "I give up. How about if I give you guys the statue back and we pretend that this while mess never happened."

From warning shots to fire out, they won't let Catwoman off so easily.

"Forget it. You've taint it already, and that will cause your life and your blood."

I think they were about to kill her!

"My blood, right?" Catwoman asks them. "Sorry, but I'm not dying today."

About to be gun down to be unable to fight back, Megan appears to throw her jacks of a smoke bomb to beat them from baton whacking, kicks, punches, and using her eye contacts to see through the smoke the win in a fight against these cult cat loving people, so mess up.

"Hey! If anyone's going to take down my friend/enemy, it's me!"

This surprises Selina/Catwoman to be seeing her friend/enemy of hers.

"Megan?"

At this they both take the offensive and manages to evade the cultists for Megan grabs Catwoman's hand to make a run for it.

"Come on you!" she said. "As if I already had enough of your cat and mouse games so far. Just keep running!"

Lucky to fight a little and they both make a escape in time from gun shooting from left and right from the males and female cult members. What a close call...Well, Catwoman tries to escape once the coast was cleared.

"Thanks for the save, Megan, really. But I gotta run." the thief tries to flee. "Maybe you can get me next time. In other words, I'll owe you one-!"

Megan had her gun out to not take any chances with that.

"Hey! You do right here and now, Selina, who or what did you do to tick those people off? I want to know."

"Oh, come on...really?" Catwoman was stuck now. "Well, if it beats being hunted down and killed, fine. But not without him."

"You keep Batman out of this! He's mine!" Megan shouted.

"What's your problem? He is your boyfriend, but my fun boy toy to play with. Come on, Megan, help a friend out."

Megan had no choice to do one thing for her friend, and that's by having a collar around Catwoman's neck to come with a leash to pull her around until the deed was done.

"(Friend, huh? At least she's still helping me out from time to time...)" she allows it with some conditions. "Here you go."

Catwoman felt weird having it around her neck.

"What's this? I'm not a cat!" Selina couldn't take it off.

"Yep, because I made it from things like this. Now, I walk you and you listen if you wish to live and behave around Batman when I'm with him, is that clear?" she warns her.