Beware the Creeper

The New Batman Adventures 'Fan Fiction Love Story'

By Tayla Drago

Episode #137 - Beware the Creeper

At the Ace Chemical Plant, news reporter Jack Ryder is anchoring a live TV special on the career of the Joker, starting with his encounter with Batman at the plant that ended with his life-changing tumble into a vat of chemicals. As Bruce, Alfred, Megan, and Tim were watching all of this on TV back at the Wayne Manor.

"Come on, Bruce. How many times do you have to hear this stuff?" Tim asks him.

Well, Batman did stop Jack Napier once who became the Joker from the mafia at the chemical thing to making him fall to becoming a mad clown from long ago for Megan to learn a lot about it.

"Almost for some time since Bruce stopped Jack to become the Joker today, Tim." Megan added. "Heck, I just learned about him ever since Bruce and I met."

"Oh, I forgot. Mr. Obsessive..."

Good point there, Tim. Still, Megan and Bruce were keeping each other company to be holding one another in love to soon get married – as Bruce being Batman for the world to see him and Megan to be wed real soon.

"Enjoying some time, Megan?" Bruce asked to wrap his arms around Megan's waist.

"I'm fine, Bruce, it just something for you and me to get this closer for quite some time now...And I love it."

Just then, they see on TV during the show was the Joker, Harley, and the other three henchmen – Mo, Lar, and Cur.

"What the-?!" surprised Tim.

"Ah, Bruce..." Megan sees it as well. "I don't think that's part of the show. (Joker's really there!)"

Not good at all! Joker, watching from above, decides to stage his own tribute to that fateful day.

"Think Bat saw you putty tat?" Harley asks her boss/lover.

"Oh, he did, he did! " He answered. "He'd never miss a show about me, he's my biggest fan, but just in case."

Entering the scene, dosing Ryder and his crew with his trademark laughing gas, and then 're-enacting' his confrontation with Batman by tipping Ryder into another large vat of chemicals.

"Hey!" Jack was confused. "What's going on here!? We're live!"

Then Joker comes swinging at him to get gassed next.

"No, I'm live; you're dead!"

Batman, having glimpsed Joker on the television, is quick to arrive at the plant with Robin and Megan. While Joker's henchmen keep them busy, Joker occupies himself with pushing the hapless Ryder back into the chemical soup every time he tries to climb out.

"Hold it, Joker!" Megan sees Jack was in the chemicals and was drowning from uncontrollable laughter. "Ah! Batman! Robin! Jack Ryder's in danger!"

The three trio heroes stop the three men in tights together with Harley, as Joker kept on hurting Jack more and more.

"What a picky fellow, let's give him have a smoke."

For his finale, Joker gives Ryder an exploding cigar causing the chemicals to explode.

"Fireworks makes me all tinkley inside..." said Harley to enjoy the madness.

Joker then fights Robin, knocking him into the plant's controls causing the tank to flush into the nearby sewer, forcing Batman and Megan to try and save Ryder while Joker escapes.

"How about that, Bats? You broke my face and got seven years of bad luck. Are you going to try four fourteen or are you going to try to raise that anchorman out of the ocean?"