Cat Sitter

The New Batman Adventures 'Fan Fiction Love Story'

By Tayla Drago

Gotham Girls

Episode #115 – Cat Sitter

Harley and Ivy survey the wares at Spencer's Electronics—specifically, a big-screen TV.

"Who would still a TV?" Ivy asks herself. "Its beneath me."

Ivy claims that it's beneath her to steal electronics, but Harley wants to buy it.

"I can buy it."

"But how?"

"I can get a job." Harley said.

But there was one question in mind...

"Who would want to hire you?"

Harley think hard for Ivy ask who would hire her...Not to be a meter maid thing, help out Joker in jail won't do any good, and working at a fast-food joint would be bad enough too. So Harley seeks out Catwoman, who insists that she works alone. And Megan to be seeing a few villains out to watch on Harley again.

"(What are you up to now?)" she said to herself to follow the clown girl. "(I better go find out.)"

Well, getting Harley to work with Catwoman wouldn't do her any good. On the other hand, she's going out of town, and needs somebody to take care of a kitten named Bongo. She's sure they'll become friends.

"Don't worry, Bongo's a special cat. I'm sure you two will become friends in no time." she said.

To Megan surprise, she sees her enemy caring for Selina's rescue cat, a baby lion! Harley duly begins to care for Bongo, a hungry young lion. It's not long before he makes it clear that he wants to go out, so Harley takes him out in a baby carriage, complete with pacifier. After surprising at least one woman on the street, while Harley is looking the other way, Bongo chases a dog in another direction, forcing Harley to run after him.

"Look, someone has the same cat as me..." Harley stops to see that Bongo escapes from her. "Bongo? Here kitty, kitty!"

Megan knew about the woman getting attacked was bad enough to try to do something.

"Seriously, Harley?! You know that a lion can be frisky as baby cubs?!"

"It's not my fault!" she said while trying to find Bongo. "That lady should've stuck her head into the carriage and that dog should've mind its own business! Just help me find Bongo, would you Megs?"

"Whatever!" Megan lends Harley a hand. "But only because its cute."

The chase takes them through Sam's Fine China...

"Hey! Get of my store!" cried out the owner.

Then up a tree...

"Come here, kitty-!" Bongo jumps off the branch for Harley to fall down. "Oh, boy."

Megan laughs a little after seeing that fall like watching a cartoon show...

"He's getting away! (Selina so owes me after this!)"

And then in the middle of traffic, wearing Harley down physically and mentally, leaving them both growling at each other.

"Finally..." said Harley to growl back at Bongo to be serious.

"So, now what...?" ask Megan.

That night, Catwoman arrives home, and finds Harley and Bongo curled up together on the sofa and Megan to drive off to see that everything was going to be okay now.

"Aw, see? I knew that you two would become friends."

And I guess they did somehow, or with Megan's help a little for Harley to get the TV soon after. A baby sitting for a baby cub lion, huh? That was something else.