Animal Act

The New Batman Adventures 'Fan Fiction Love Story'

By Tayla Drago

Episode #118 – Animal Act

Batman, Megan, and Robin sit perched on a rooftop watching for criminals. Nightwing arrives and has a quick conversation with his old mentor. Megan had her gun draw out on him...

"Whose there?" she demanded to know.

"Hey, it's a free rooftop, isn't it?" Nightwing comes out of the shadows. "Hi, Megan."

Still smooth talking to Megan as always.

"Oh, it's you Dick. Nice to see you again."

Robin was surprised to be seeing him.

"Nightwing! What are you doing here?"

"Oh, just following a pattern of obsessive behavior instilled on me at an early age."

For Nightwing to be saying that, Batman could hear his old partner coming a mile away.

"You should work on your stealth skills." said the Dark Knight. "I heard you coming half-way across the roof."

Something about these two as they're on the same side, but they did something to have some...bitter things from here to there, huh? I wonder why? Well, Megan knows it already.

"Nice to see you too, Bruce." Dick said back.

While the two talked, Robin points out that someone is climbing to the top of a radio tower and stealing a circuit board.

"Hey, look." Robin points it out to the three.

"Climbing alone at nighttime?" Megan was lost.

For someone was climbing in a trend coat and hat on and Batman could already tell that something was up.

"Something tells me that is no late-night cable repairing."

Batman confronts the assailant but is attacked and thrown from the roof. While he can save himself with his grappling hook, Megan tries to use her ribbons to pull down the stranger.

"Going somewhere, pal? Don't even think about breaking out of this one..." the stranger rips free. "Wow, you must be on steroids or something."

Looks like both Nightwing and Robin are left to confront the criminal alone.

"Don't move, big guy."

"You heard the kid."

Robin tries tying up the crook with bolas, but the crook simply breaks the cords and takes off running.

"Hey!" Robin gets push aside.

Nightwing and Megan to back him up, gave chase and manages to knock off the criminal's hat revealing that it's a gorilla. Nightwing recognizes the gorilla as 'Peaches', but she still manages to escape.

"Peaches?"

"Wait, Peaches?" Megan was lost again. "You know this gorilla, Nightwing?"

Robin and Batman soon join with them.

"It's a monkey."

"No, Robin, a gorilla. Big differences." she tells her young partner.

For this Peaches was strong to push Nightwing at the three to go down, she makes his escape. Hmm...a gorilla to be stealing microchips on other parts of machines, huh? How odd.

"Hey, Megan, you're right about one thing. I know that gorilla." Dick tells her.

Now they really needed to know, so Megan asks him...