Strategery

The New Batman Adventures 'Fan Fiction Love Story'

By Tayla Drago

Gotham Girls

Episode #107 – Strategery

Something was going down tonight, again.

"Come on, Harley Girl, pick up the paste." said Ivy.

But this clown girl had trouble getting up.

"Sorry, Red, but I don't do speed." she jumps up to look cool. "I do style."

Poison Ivy and Harley Quinn, having stolen a CD (a piece of government property), are intercepted by Batgirl and Megan.

"Batgirl! They're headed your way!"

With Megan chasing them from behind, Batgirl block their path in front of them next.

"Guess you two will be doing eight to ten years for stealing government poetry." she said.

Ivy having no choice but to throw the CD to Harley.

"Harley! Catch!"

Throwing it to her, Harley thinks this was a kid's game.

"Oh, keep away! I love this game!" said Harley.

"Hold it right there you!" Megan tries to stop her.

Then Ivy was open.

"Harley, toss it back!" said Ivy. And Harley does to keep it away from Batgirl or Megan. To stopping her next. "Go long, Harley!"

"I got it!"

They play a game of keep-away, tossing it to each other, keeping it out of Batgirl's hands until Batgirl tricks Harley into tossing it to her by declaring that she's open.

"Harley! I'm open!" Batgirl calls out to her.

Megan smiles as she sees that Batgirl had a plan.

"Take it, girl!" Harley throws it to the heroes to realize her mistake there. "Oh, no..."

Megan and Batgirl got the item back to make a getaway.

"Thanks for playing, losers! Bye." Megan takes off in her jet type of backpack.

Wow! Really, Harley...? As Batgirl and Megan leave with the stolen property, the two criminals escape back to Poison Ivy's place, where Poison Ivy decides that Harley Quinn needs to learn to stop falling for tricks like that. You think so?

"I'm not angry with you, Harley girl. It's unrealistic to expect someone to perform beyond her limitations."

Ivy has a good point there.

"Right..." this made her feel offended. "Hey, what's that supposed to mean?"

Just then, Poison Ivy points at Harley's chest.

"Ooh, what's this?"

"Where?" Ivy flicks Harley in the nose. "Hey!"

Ivy demonstrates Harley's gullibility with an old-fashioned nose-flick. Determining that there's only one way to learn to think strategically, she introduces Harley to chess. Several hours later, she is stunned when Harley defeats her.

"One last test." Ivy points at Harley's chest. "Ooh, what's this?"

She tries to fight it by not looking down.

"I...I...I don't care!!!" she slumps down, exhausted.

After Harley passes one last test—overcoming the 'nose-flick' bit—Ivy concludes that she's ready. Sometime later, she and Harley are fighting Batgirl and Megan again on a rooftop while construction work goes on nearby.

"What do we do now, Batgirl? These two won't give up."

Batgirl points behind her, warning her—but Harley, refusing to listen to what she assumes is another trick, simply stands there and gets hit by a wrecking ball.

"Harley! Look out!" she tries to warn Harley.

"Trying to trick me huh? Well, that's not going to happen." she ignore Batgirl. "Because there's a new Harley Quinn in town."

And she gets hit, Ouch...

"Well, she did try to warn you." said Megan.

With Megan feeling sorry a little, Batgirl winces, and Harley is embedded face down in the roof. She weakly groans...

"Check, please."

And Harley Quinn almost had them this time, but not so likely to watch out during a fight. Ha! :D