Old Wounds

The New Batman Adventures 'Fan Fiction Love Story'

By Tayla Drago

Episode #121 - Old Wounds

As Robin fights against pick-pockets and thieves, one gains the upper hand and traps him in an overturned garbage bin. When the goon runs into the street a shadowy figure soon flies off a building and tackles him. Around the corner where Robin is extracting himself from the garbage bin, Nightwing emerges with the man who tried to run, with Robin remarking that he could have gotten him.

"Here, kid. I think you lost this." Nightwing hands Robin the thug over to him.

"I coulda handled him." he said.

"Coulda, woulda..." Nightwing pauses to say this instead. "Didn't."

As Nightwing shrugs off this proclamation and walks away, Robin remarks that he is just like Batman.

"You sound just like Batman." said Robin.

Stunned, Nightwing stops and remarks that he's nothing of the sort.

"I'm nothing like him."

Robin points out the similarities between Batman and Nightwing to which the young adult irritably told him to 'drop it'. Robin then asks him why he left the role of Robin and Nightwing merely responds that 'things change' and he should ask Batman. Megan didn't say about it either. Robin tells him that he did, and Batman just said the same thing. Nightwing then takes Robin to a dock and recounts his last days as Robin, just after he finished college at Gotham State University. Story time from two years ago...It all started out when both Bruce Wayne and Megan Tsuki miss out on Dick Grayson's graduation because he is working in his capacity for Bruce as Batman; for him and his girlfriend were stopping the men driving a car. Well, Batman on top and Megan was in her car to back him up. For Alfred, Lucius, Gidget, and Barbara to be seeing all of this...As Barbara notice about Megan was out a lot, but not for Bruce to miss this one out.

"He'll be crushed Bruce missed this." said Barbara. "Where could he be?"

Gidget tries to play it cool.

"Perhaps he had car trouble." Alfred comes up with something.

This guy was giving Batman some trouble on a raining day to be fighting while driving on the streets for Megan to fire her gun at the bad guy.

"Pull over, you!" she ducks from more gun shots coming to her car that was bullet proof. "Hey! You almost shot my eye out! Careful, Batman!"

And he was to try breaking the window shield.

"Someone's going to get hurt!"

"No kidding..." the bad guy kept on driving to shake Batman off.

Somehow, Batman gets the upper hand to crashing into an old building for Megan catches his fall for them to make the man talk about the plans.

"Let's talk." said the Dark Knight.

"Or else you're dead..." Megan warns the man with a gun pointed at his head.

They do get some answers in no time. And when Dick is celebrating his graduation with Barbara Gordon 'to be dating a lot', he is paged by Batman who wants him to meet him and Megan at a specified location from a tip he has received.

"This isn't a good time." Dick said when he was Robin back then.

"I'm not making a schedule." so says Batman.

"Sorry, Dick, but we might need your help on this one." and Megan. "Bruce says so, I'm just saying." For Dick to hear the sound of Megan to have a strange feeling between her again and Barbara to be confused right now. "Are you feeling all right?"