Joker's Millions

The New Batman Adventures 'Fan Fiction Love Story'

By Tayla Drago

Episode #97 - Joker's Millions

Just so you know that another cartoon of the DCAU will take place in between this series too. More on that later to know of the timelines in between on your own...Now, on with the story. The Joker and Harley Quinn flee a botched attempt at a robbery, pursued by Batman, Megan, and Batgirl.

"Geeze, Joker, what's wrong? Afraid to get caught and waste anymore of your so call money?" Megan taunts the clown while shooting back.

Batman trying to grab hold of Joker, he almost fires at him to get goop on his arm from Megan's slime ball and then tries running away next.

"When you got to pay either way to steal, Megs, then the love of that don't coast a thing!" he laughs for Megan to miss her shots.

"You're up, Batman."

"Right." he throws his Batarang at Joker

Going after him, Joker ducks down in time...

"Missed me."

But it almost hits Harley to try stealing the microchips.

"Hey!" she got mad.

The two clowns make a run for it.

"Quick! More bullets!" Joker tells Harley.

"Sorry, puddin', that was our last clip. You know how expensive they are."

Soon Batgirl comes up behind Harley to stop her.

"Sounds like someone turned off your cash flow." she said.

Only for the Joker to stop Batgirl, Batman, and Megan to get acid sprayed from Joker's flower.

"If it's a flow you want, I'm happy to oblige."

But he was emptied.

"Too bad, so sad, Joker." said Megan.

Ha! Joker's money problems come up constantly during the battle, as they cannot afford ammo for their gun, acid for Joker's boutonniere to make their escape somehow. Even the gas for the getaway car.

"I thought I told you to get gas!" said the Joker.

"We're broke, remember?" she tells her boss/lover. "What was I supposed to do? Fill the tank, shoot the guy, and drive off?"

Well, to him maybe.

"Mmm-hmmm."

"Now you tell me!" And even more than a single ejector seat, which Joker uses to escape, ditching Harley to be caught and returned to Arkham Asylum. "Hey, where's mine?!"

"Sorry, kiddo! I could only afford one!"

Well, there he goes again, and Harley was caught by Batman, Megan, and Batgirl. Only for Megan to have her eyes on Joker the next time he does something bad again like they always do.

"(You may outrun us, clown, but you can't hide forever you know. We will find you somehow.)"

It'll be a while for that part to happen...Joker retreats to his low-income apartment.

"Yeah, yeah, you're hungry, I'm hungry. Do me a favor and eat each other." Joker said to Bud and Lou.

And gets a sudden burst of glee when he reads a letter revealing that one of his criminal enemies, Edward 'King' Barlowe, has passed away and left a staggering fortune of $250 million to him. Say what?! The first thing Joker does with his money is assemble a team of shady lawyers and psychological experts who are able to erase Joker's criminal records and have him declared sane.