Judgement Day

The New Batman Adventures 'Fan Fiction Love Story'

By Tayla Drago

Episode #138 - Judgment Day

And now, for the excited conclusion of the series itself, with the crossover to continue with in the Superman: The Animated Series later, okay? Good...In his design studio, the Penguin is conducting illicit business with Killer Croc, fencing a stolen diamond, telling him that he cannot give him very much for it.

"Don't forget, as a legitimate businessman, I have my expenses too: taxes, overhead, labor." he said to Killer Croc.

"And they call me two-faced."

At the same time, Two-Face arrives, and Penguin says that he could secure a better price for his stolen goods. Croc becomes infuriated but takes his money and leaves with Two-Face. As Penguin stashes the diamond and a wad of money inside, he is confronted by a tall figure dressed in a long black robe and wearing a ceremonial wig. The figure accuses him of trafficking, but Penguin vouches for the legitimacy of his business, claiming to have no prior knowledge of the origins of the items. The man still proclaims himself as the Law and finds Penguin guilty, swinging a sword at him.

"I don't know who you are, sir, but I assure you, all my transactions were legitimate. You see, I had no actual knowledge that the items were stolen. Given that, I don't see how the law can touch me."

Soon the man calling himself the Judge pulls out his sword to kill Penguin on the spot.

"I am the law..." said the Judge. "And I find you guilty!" he gives chase on Penguin.

Penguin runs and calls out for his henchgirls, only to find them tied up and hanging from the ceiling. He then makes a run for the backdoor and tries to unlock it, while his pursuer sends a giant penguin model rolling towards him. The effigy runs over Penguin, knocking him unconscious. Hearing about this on the streets, Megan gives Bruce/Batman a call to learn more about this mess.

"(Huh? Another bad guy who goes after other ones, even killing them to death. Not good.)" Megan uses her belt. "Yo, Bruce, it's me. You won't believe what went down with Penguin after making illegal payment trading's..."

Next morning, the Gotham Insider reports the attack on Penguin, who is said to be in critical condition. While Killer Croc hears this with relish, Bruce is not pleased after seeing the news on TV and Megan telling him about it.

"I know, Megan, be on a look out."

"Is that not a friend of yours, Master Bruce?" Alfred made a joke to be a big no on that one. "I guess not."

Councilman J. Carroll Corcoran goes on record to publicly condone the actions of the vigilante whom he dubs 'Judge', saying that justice must be served. Two-Face listens to this, while flipping his coin. And Megan heard so much about Councilman J. Carroll Corcoran to be a showoff to everyone while working hard in Gotham.

"Not this guy...Look at him, Gidget." she said to her robot friend while driving her car. "Carroll...He's such a good for nothing man to get away with everything he says to the bad guys, by being half true and the rest false; I know it all to have the law fixed, turned, or anything he says from one signing of the papers on whatever that thing is can make it happen from bad to worse...he makes it ten times worse to support this new bad villain calling him The Judge. It would seem like both Bruce and I have to stop Judge before he tries to kill again or anyone else who won't allow Bruce as Batman and I to get married anytime soon."

Later, by Gotham's bridge toll booths, two police officers bemoan about their assignment, and as they enter the pickup van.

"Another day, another toll pickup." said guard one. "Wish I had a nickel for every car that's been through these gates."