Trick or Trick

The New Batman Adventures 'Fan Fiction Love Story'

By Tayla Drago

Gotham Girls

Episode #91 - Trick or Trick?

As Megan patrols the streets of Gotham to make sure that everyone dresses up on Halloween were behaving well. So far, they were.

"Night patrol on Halloween night for both Barbara and me to keep an eye on things while Bruce is out on business again..." Megan sighed. "Oh, well. It's better than sitting around all day. Allowing for me to stop crime is what I do best."

As always, Megan. Elsewhere, as Harley Quinn lies on a couch in Poison Ivy's place, bored of 'kvetching about' on Halloween, of all nights, and begins sobbing over memories of what she and the Joker used to do together.

"It's Halloween, Red, we should do something together."

"Halloween's nothing when it comes to pumpkins to be well plants sometimes than food." said Ivy. "Just lighten up. I mean what makes Halloween so fun? With people are silly to dress up in their costumes all night long, not like us though."

It for fun of a tradition type of thing, but to Harley loved it.

"Maybe, but Mr. J and I use to do it big every year." said Harley. "Oh, Mr. J!" Harley started to cry.

"You're not going to cry on me aren't you?" she asks her friend. "Stop crying, will ya? Or else I won't give you a Halloween present..."

And once Ivy said that part, this made Harley stop.

"Present?" Poison Ivy manages to cheer her up with a life-sized balloon of Mr. J, ordered from Real Villains—a 'Halloween treat'. "This is the bestest Halloween treat I coulda gotten...but I didn't get nothin' for you, Red."

Only thing she cares was to see the night view on Halloween year, unless she does a heist.

"Not necessary."

"Yeah, necessary. Don't go nowhere, I'll be right back." Harley runs out the door.

Guess Ivy waits for her friend to return back with something.

"Oy vey..." she said to herself.

With Megan seeing Harley casing trouble again to keep an eye on her...

"Oh, great...Her again? I better watch the clown lady, again."

And sneaking around to be spying Megan goes...As Harley Quinn, guilty about not having gotten her anything, runs out to the pawn shop. She breaks a window, grabs a diamond necklace, and declares that it's perfect, but she still needs something for Ivy.

"Yes! This is perfect!" said Harley. "Still gotta get something for Red, though." and then she sees Batgirl nearby... "And I think I just did."

Harley chases Batgirl down an alley—and sees her leave, then come back out through a door... and then, after continuing to follow her for a minute, is baffled as Batgirl keeps turning up around every corner. And then she corners one for Megan to witness it all. For this woman was a fake to dress up as Batgirl on Halloween night.

"(She wouldn't...)" said Megan.

Well, you can tell from her talking that she wasn't the real Batgirl.

"Nice Harley."

Because it was the real one for Harley to get a hold of.

"(And she did...)" Megan follows Harley. "(Kidnapping someone's a crime to at least turn her and Ivy in again. I better call Barbara.)"

Finally, she knocks her out with a spring-loaded boxing glove, only to discover that it's someone in a Halloween costume.

"I'm touched, really, but..." Ivy tries to tell her friend the bad news. "I think you made a mistake."

"You don't like it?" Poison Ivy rips off 'Batgirl's' fake lips and mask, revealing a man beneath. "Who'da thought? Batgirl, a guy?"

Not even close!!! Returning to the Batgirl Costume Contest, she finds a crowd of Batgirls. Things end abruptly when the real one declares, 'I'm Batgirl.' Allowing Batgirl to deal with Poison Ivy, save the hostage, and Harley to be stopped by Megan arresting her for the others to clap and cheer for their bounty hunter hero.

"Happy Halloween, Harley, a good year to get arrested. Along with Ivy too. I mean come on; Batgirl was with me the whole time."

Well, Harley Quinn did try to go to Arkham Asylum with her Joker thing to keep her company.

"Oh, poopie..." she said.

Halloween, you gotta love it, my all-time favorite type of holiday fun.