Legends of the Dark Knight

The New Batman Adventures 'Fan Fiction Love Story'

By Tayla Drago

Episode #123 - Legends of the Dark Knight

It's late in Gotham City, for Megan sees a lot of reports of burning buildings to investigate it on her side of town, and Batman does the other thing on his end.

"Another night, another bad guy hunt, and hopefully another payment afterwards." she said to herself to see a few kids passing by. "(Huh? Kids out at this time?)"

She follows them...Three kids read the Gotham Gazette's latest report on a mysterious arsonist. When Matt, one of them, thinks he can make out Batman in a photograph, Carrie needs to double-check it before she believes it, but she assures her friends, the 'arson boy' is history once Batman is on the case. Enthusiastically, the third kid, Nick, begins to tell his friends of how he perceives the Batman. He is like a giant pterodactyl beast, with big fangs and talons. And when he sees a bad guy, he swoops down from the sky and carries him off. Skree, Skree!

"The way I hear it, he isn't even human! He's like a giant pterodactyl beast with big fangs and talons! And when he sees a bad guy, he swoops down from the sky and carries him off! Skree! Skree!"

Carrie is less than impressed and drags Nick back into reality.

"Reality check, Nick." said Carrie to see someone was following them. "Hey, look. It's Batman's sidekick woman."

Megan comes out of hiding to be laughing.

"Alright, you guys found me. And a pterodactyl? Batman? As if, kid." she said. "I know him because we're not just partners in crime, but he's also..."

Carrie, Matt, and Nick say it together.

"Your boyfriend!"

Making some smoothing noises to make Megan blush to continue walking, she gets shy so easily.

"Ha, ha, we are...Shut up! Look, you three shouldn't be out this late."

"Why's that?" Nick asks Megan.

"Why?" she tries to think of something. "Because...there's a criminal that both Batman and I need to stop who's causing so much fire. It's too dangerous for all of you."

But like they'll listen to be smarter than some of the other kids these days.

"We just want to know who Batman really is."

For Carrie to say that part, Matt then tells that his uncle knows Batman—and that he's really nice and funny.

"I know of Batman; my uncle saw him once." said Matt. "He said he was really nice and funny."

Carrie dismisses this version as well but allows Matt to explain himself.

"Really?" Megan was lost.

"Really, Matt?" same with Carrie.

Matt tries to explain to his friends and Megan all bout it 'for her to be listening in'.

"I'm serious. You see, my uncle worked as a security guard at the music center once..."

Matt's uncle, a guard at the Walker Music Center, sits back on what seems a quiet night, until his radio signal is cut short and replaced with maniacal laughter. Joker boasts of his plans of thievery, and exclaims:

"The comedy is finished!"

Frightened, the guard says he's: "The Joker! Better stay on my toes."

Nick cuts short Matt's story, deriding the humorous statement 'better stay on my toes'.