Cold Hands, Cold Heart

The New Batman Adventures 'Fan Fiction Love Story'

By Tayla Drago

Gotham Girls

Episode #134 - Cold Hands, Cold Heart

Immediately after Batgirl's attack, Detective Montoya charges out the door to the roof, gun in hand. Looks like Barbara/Batgirl and Megan have just solved this mystery.

"The changing of the weapon from Mr. Freeze, hatred on the three villains, you, Barbara, as Batgirl, the signatures on a snow globe of D.S. On it. And the N.S. too. They have to mean something, and between you and me...we may have found something very big." said Megan.

Montoya comes out with her gun out to see what has happen to get the wrong idea.

"Commissioner?" she sees the horror. "Megan, get back!" Montoya draws the gun out on Batgirl. "How could you do this to him?"

"I didn't do anything to Commissioner. Look."

Batgirl, however, denies having done anything to the Commissioner, and draws her attention to the remains of a robot lying on a shattered Bat signal, switched in for Gordon around the time the men came back and made with Mr. Freeze's technology. Megan thought some cold feeling and odd static was coming from her watch from somewhere on him being a fake.

"One of Mr. Freeze's robots, only this one was handmade to look and sounds like Gordon."

"How long did you two knowns?" Montoya asks them.

Good question, how do they know? Do any of you guys know?

"Megan did, but I didn't at first. Until a few minutes ago." Batgirl added.

"After the men reappeared, the Commissioner was different." Montoya added.

Seeing a chip belonging to Mr. Freeze's work, only he wasn't behind this mess this time or his robot goons either.

"Mr. Freeze's work, again." said Batgirl.

"And from this microchip in the robot, it does belong to Mr. Freeze. And I just got the fingerprints back from it. Sneaky, but not that good hiding traces left behind." said Megan. "I got a lot of real evidence down from my computer book as we speak."

But there was one little problem on that part...

"But Mr. Freeze's is long gone, or dead." Montoya added. "And his robots are in jail just in case. And do you two think he has an accomplice?"

The problem is, Mr. Freeze was still missing to getting rid of his other robots, but Batgirl says she didn't quite have an accomplice in mind...Or what Batgirl says next was this part.

"Not really, no."

"Well, not really, but it does have something to do with Mr. Freeze." said Megan to show Montoya the clues. "Check it out."

Batgirl reveals a photo of Mr. Fries, his wife Nora, and another girl, with a message written to Nora and her new beau, signed 'D'. —Dora. As Montoya reads it, it was no doubt from the signatures, fingerprints of designs, science works on Mr. Freeze's machines, and having the D letter, was Dora with S. meaning Smith, for Dora is Nora's little sister. No way!

"To my loving sister Nora, may you be having a loving life with your new man, Victor. Love your sister, Dora. And D. As in..."

"Dora Smith." both Batgirl and Megan said together.

"No way...!" shock Montoya.

"I know, right? Nora has a little sister." said Megan. "Who knew! (Heck, I didn't see this coming at first.) If only we do know where Gordon was at right now."