A Little Night Magic

The New Batman Adventures 'Fan Fiction Love Story'

By Tayla Drago

Gotham Girls

Episode #92 - A Little Night Magic

Walking home from a late-night performance, for Zatanna to walk home. Hey, it's nice to see her again, huh? For Megan was hired to help her out and paid for since she and Bruce knew her as a friend.

"Hey, Z, great show tonight as always." said her manager. "Can I give you a ride home?"

"No thanks. I'll walk." she said to get going with Megan. "Ready to go?"

"I don't see why not. I'm not helping you out for nothing."

Seems like those two were getting along well for a fan and friend.

"How's John Smith...or rather Bruce Wayne as Batman doing?" Zatanna asks Megan.

And Megan was blushing when Zatanna asks that question, he face turns completely red.

"Ah, come on, Zatanna! I mean really...I never felt this happy in my life without him around." she said.

"Good to know."

Zatanna is suddenly accosted by a mugger for Megan to try to save her friend/idol.

"Alright, toots—hand over the money and no one gets hurt." he said.

"Leave her alone!"

"Gee...how can I resist an offer like that?" Zatanna gently pushes Megan aside to take care of this mess herself. But, casting a spell, she turns his gun into a snake.

The mugger flees in fear for Megan to let the police handle this mess alone.

"Oh, never mind then." said Megan.

"Thanks." Zatanna said. "Better than pepper spray."

Moments later, she is nearly run over by a careless truck driver...

"Look out, Zatanna! Truck!"

And winds up cutting the truck in half. Then a gang of punks surround her.

"Hey, hey...You ladies are having fun tonight?"

"Us too."

"Why don't we all have some fun?"

Like Megan or Zatanna would go out with those losers.

"Sorry, but I don't go out with perverts." Megan got her gun out. "Back off."

As one absentmindedly flicks a cigarette away, they begin to taunt her, then to throw her hat around, at which point she finally loses it and turns them all into frogs.

"Sorry, boys. No one touches the hat." she put her hat back on. "I took care it for you, Megan."

"Thanks again. (She's getting better at fighting for her magic to be real.)"

Finally, the two see that the man's cigarette has set a building on fire.

"That ain't good."

And promptly puts it out with a well-placed spell on a nearby fire hydrant. And Megan too by using her ice perfume in time, for the two make a good team.

"As if I'll let you do this alone." she said. "Looks like that's taken care of. It's time to get you back home."

Arriving safely at her hotel for Megan to see to that for another job well done, the doorman warns Zatanna about how dangerous it is for her to walk around late at night.

"Evening, Jonesie." Zatanna said hi.

"Good heavens, Ms. Zatanna! Doncha know it's dangerous for a young lady to walk alone in the city after dark? It's a wonder ya made it home safely! Well, besides Ms. Tsuki walked you back here safely."

Zatanna pulls a rose from behind his ear and pulled out the money out of Megan's jacket that she owes her for seeing Zatanna back to her hotel safely. Her response is to pull a rose from behind his ear, deciding that...

"I guess I just live right. And thanks again, Megan. Let's hang out again sometimes."

As Zatanna winks for the screen to fade out, for Megan questions herself about one thing throughout the night of the events that went down today.

"Don't mention it...Hey, wait." she says this next part. "What was the point of me being your bodyguard again?"

Ha! I guess some of us will never know, won't we? But we already know Zatanna can fight back too, right? So yeah.