Gotham In Blue

The New Batman Adventures 'Fan Fiction Love Story'

By Tayla Drago

Gotham Girls

Episode #128 - Gotham in Blue

Catwoman suits up, still peeved at the claim that she kidnapped Selma.

"I need to see what really happen to clear my name." she said to get suited up. "Isis, you stay put. I'm going in."

In the Commissioner's office, the lights are turned on...by Batgirl.

"Commissioner Gordon?" Dora was lost to first see Megan coming in. "Ms. Tsuki."

"Hey, Dora Smith, right? We need to talk. Don't we, Batgirl?"

And of course, Batgirl was the one sitting in the chair instead to show herself to to Dora.

"Batgirl?"

"Still not here I'm afraid." she said.

And Dora puts the phone down that wasn't a gun to begin with.

"Oh..." she sees that now. "Just the way you sat almost looked like you were him. The dark to say the least."

From the many profiles that Dora had on the table for Megan to look up on them.

"Batgirl, look at these." Megan gets her computer book to get some answers that she could scan up.

"Are these the papers left for Commissioner Gordon?" Batgirl asks Dora.

"Commissioner Greenway told me to box up Gordon's work to the storage room. She has everything belonging to Commissioner Gordon to be responsible to store his things away." Dora was upset just talking about it. "Even you two...But I never doubt you, Batgirl, or you either, Megan, not one bit. I support both on your hard work."

This made the two hero girls happy to hear someone were on their side, even Batgirl smiles.

"Thanks, Dora." said Megan. "You're a good person the first time you came here to work hard, I'm glad to have you aboard."

"It's nothing." said Dora. "Anyways, what can I do to help?"

Getting back to the point at hand...

"Does Commissioner kept a key card?" ask Batgirl. "I tried looking..."

"You need to know where to look."

Dora is sympathetic, and helps her find Gordon's key card.

"Here it is!" Megan gets it to make a copy right to her computer book. "Thank you."

"You'll never know what you'll get out of it." said Batgirl to look happy.

Dora was happy to help them out to see Gordon back in action soon enough, and the other men to come back wherever they are.

"I'm glad you're doing some work..."

And commenting that they're so understaffed that nobody's even been to Selma Reesedale's apartment...So that was then, Batgirl and Megan both pay Selina Kyle/Catwoman a little visit. Except for Catwoman, whom Batgirl and Megan both finds her feeding the detective's cat.

"Hold it-!" Megan lowers her gun to see her friend/enemy in the detective's home. "Huh? Selina? You breaking into someone's house for her cat is something new. Even for you."

Catwoman denies being involved, claiming somebody else is responsible.

"Hey! Look you two, I've been set up."

"Oh, really?" Batgirl recaps on Catwoman on what happened to Selma. "According to the police, Detective Reesedale heard a noise, went to investigate, and found you."

But one problem with that, Catwoman was a sneak thief to get in and out quickly.

"I don't make noise." she said to cut herself free from the ropes. "I was looking up on Selma on how she disappeared the same time the other men did, the cat of her was lonely to try helping it out. But when I came here, I heard this message machine. Listen."

They listen to a phone message she left her cat, cutting off almost immediately after the men disappeared for Selma to go with them. Why was that?

"Hmm..." Megan was thinking. "Strange, she was gone with the other men. But she's a girl."

"That's the same time all of the men went missing..." said Batgirl.

"And I try finding her key card, but it looks like both Ivy and Harley took it..." Catwoman added too.

As Catwoman had some key card that Harley and Ivy took, Megan hacks to her computer book for Batgirl to look up the rest on the other computer next. Which could only mean one thing—and then Batgirl hacks into a locked folder on her computer, only to discover that Selma is a trans woman.

"Well, at least why we know why she disappeared when the men did; she is a he."

Strange, so Selma Reesedale who sounded like a girl, was really a man dress and acting like a woman. Wow. Even Megan didn't think that part at all.

"What!?!" she tries to take the truth in carefully. "Okay, I don't mind these things, but could they at least tell people about these things first before working after moving in? Huh?!" Megan drops the subject for now. "Anyways, Batgirl, what else can we learn about...Selma when he and the other men went missing?"

Based on the time of the message, they conclude that Selma was among the first to disappear and was probably close to whatever caused the disappearance—probably something in the Evidence Vault...or something that used to be in there, now that Harley and Ivy have raided it.

"The last time I saw him...Or her was at the vault." Catwoman added. "Maybe something in there cause Selma to disappear."

Megan and Batgirl looked at each other to have something once at the vault but not more to be in Ivy and Harley's hands now.

"Or once was...We know where it is now."

Hiding out at a now-empty monastery, Harley is playing with her newfound goodies when Batgirl, Megan, and Catwoman drop in on them.

"Don't move! Both of you, hands up!" Megan had her gun out.

"Not you guys again..." surprised Ivy.

"It's us." said Batgirl.

For the three wanted something from both Harley and Ivy on something they wanted to check on.

"Easy, ladies, we're not here to cause trouble. We just want to check on one of the items you have in the bag." Catwoman tries to talk calmly to the two. "Please?"

Harley pulls a weapon out of the bag, warning them not to come any closer, 'or I'll...reverse...polarity'.

"Don't come any closer, or I'll..." Harley squints to read something on there. "Ah, reverse...polarity?"

Her intended targets are confused by this. Even to both Batgirl, Megan, and Catwoman.

"Huh?"

"Excuse me?"

"What?"

"What's that?" Ivy was lost.

"I don't know, but it works on Star Trek." Not really getting it herself, she nonetheless pulls the trigger, sending waves throughout Gotham—and all the men start reappearing all over the city, exactly where they were three days ago... "They're back."

For Harley to say that part...For all the monks, criminals, officers, Selma, Gordon 'for Dora to see that in the office', and all the other men were back from that strange weapon that Harley just use to change from forward and now in to reverse. Meaning that they're all back! Even for The five girls were left surprise for Megan to have this to say.

"OK...?" she said. "That's something you don't see every day. (And for that, we get the men back alive and well to say the least.)"